Trump Admin Announce Exlansion of Hunt / Fish Opportunities

Sytes

Pretty cool. As Randy says, give credit where credit is due... A bit dramatized though when the President (D or R) announce and route the actions forward, there's always a bit of Drama

Regardless, let the haters hate and the lovers love. I'll simply value the Trump Admin's step to Nationally Announce actions that support my interest.

The Interior Department announced the news on Tuesday, confirming the new recreational access at 138 national wildlife refuges and 9 national fish hatcheries, marking the “single largest” expansion of such opportunities by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in agency history.

Good news.

I spent the last half hour looking at the interactive maps. I've been to a lot of these places. I hope they manage the hunting in a positive way and don't let it become a free-for-all by allowing people to drive anytime/everywhere, which would eliminate the "refuge" value to wildlife.

I'd like to find a map of the "new" hunting/fishing access. All the ones I looked at I was familiar with, as they already allowed hunting in many parts of the refuge.

This link has the listed changes and US map of the expanded hunt/fish opportunities.

Good news.

I spent the last half hour looking at the interactive maps. I've been to a lot of these places. I hope they manage the hunting in a positive way and don't let it become a free-for-all by allowing people to drive anytime/everywhere, which would eliminate the "refuge" value to wildlife.

I'd like to find a map of the "new" hunting/fishing access. All the ones I looked at I was familiar with, as they already allowed hunting in many parts of the refuge.

If you didn't have this already.

This whole thing was very likely designed to balance/distract from the issue of public land transfer. I don't see slightly expanding seasons or acres (mostly preexisting hunting areas) as particularly beneficial, so I'm not sure that the lawsuit hurts the hunting community at all. Also, hunters push for more access, but there is benefit to animal refuges within hunting areas.
Please discuss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back