True Stories That Cause A Reader To Say, "wha...?"

Pulled this one from a fellow hunt talk member's FB page... Thought this thread would be a place to share with all here...

Amazing!

To help conserve native trout, the scientists at Working Dogs for Conservation have proven that dogs can differentiate species of fish, by scent, while the fish are swimming in their habitat.

5d0d2a61a791f.image.jpg

Haha! I finished the last post and sure enough, a black bear was climbing up on our chicken coop... Went outside and put 10 .40 rounds into the ground near me and watched him boogie off.

Really didn't want to run hot wire around the coop though I may have to. What a PITA!

If your like Tim Wells a fishing pole can also be used as a spear.
With the proper Combo. Fishing/Hunting License of course. 🔥

Man Jumps Into River To Save Bear (cub)...

One of my old bosses had to do this after working up a bear. It was walking off still loopy from the drugs and found it's way into a pond. He had to jump in and pull it out to keep it from drowning.
Another time during deer capture we had a buck that was barely caught by the rocket net. Just the tip of his horns and at the very edge of the net. He drug the net into a flooded Cditch. I had the pleasure of laying in the cold water (temps were in the high 20s) holding him down until the drugs kicked in... Good times.

Back