Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Tripod - Pan head vs. Ball head

ERSS

Plan on purchasing a new tripod soon, and have been looking at some Vortex models. Will be putting my hands on some soon, but only experience I have had is with the Pan type. Those of you who have used both, what are the pros/cons of each and which do you prefer. Favorite models?

In that case take a look at a ball head. there are some good options out there, I think predator optics carried a good one. If they don't have them you can check out the Vortex Highcountry as well.

http://www.slik.co.jp/slik_com/DS-SPRINT_MINI_II.html
This one is a really nice compact pod. I use one of these myself and have no complaints. It is very light but is not tall enough to use for standing, but sitting and kneeling it is perfect. $75.00 free shipping.
There are slightly bigger and a little heavier brands out there with real nice heads but the weight is a bit of a turn off for some. The Sinno model I sell is nice but have not been able to get any back in stock.

This one is a really nice compact pod. I use one of these myself and have no complaints. It is very light but is not tall enough to use for standing, but sitting and kneeling it is perfect. $75.00 free shipping.
There are slightly bigger and a little heavier brands out there with real nice heads but the weight is a bit of a turn off for some. The Sinno model I sell is nice but have not been able to get any back in stock.

These are a favorite of the lightweight sheep hunter crowd. I have the Slik Sprint Pro II which is very close to the same tripod, only heavier (2.07 lbs) and taller (63" - I can use it standing up). Same ball head as the Mini II. It works well when you have to carry a tripod in your pack all day or all week.

SOLD, will send you a pm. Having a hard time finding it on your website

Thanks

Not on the website yet, I just started with Slik, but should have them added in a few days.

I may have missed it but what are you going to be setting on the head..spotting scope, large binos, camcorder, etc? If you are putting a hefty spotting scope on it you may need something a little heftier than if using small scope or binos. Also, if you plan on doing any video you may use something different than just optics. If you look on photography websites you may notice that a lot of their heads are rated for particular weight lenses...same is true with binos or spotter!

Back