Tripod advice.

ringer

I don't know much about glass but I bought Zeiss Victory FL*T 10x42 biniculars last year used and now I need a tripod and adapter that will work with them. I am thinking cheap and light for sitting and glassing. Maybe the Vortex High Country tripod. What kind of adapter do I need to work with the Zeiss binocs? I saw the Zeiss adapter but that is $169 and I don't want to spend that much if there is another option. Will the Vortex adapter work? Thanks.

Glen, I have become a big fan of Manfrotto tripods and heads. Go to outdoorsman on Cave Creek. You can try out all the tripods and heads as well as adaptors you want and they are cool guys. As far as bino adaptors, I have the kind that just uses velcro. Sounds flimsy, but its not. Plus you can use any kind of bino. It's not mfg specific and weighs nothing. No matter what kind of tripod you get, make sure it has quick release so you switch to spotter/camera/binos without have to screw/unscrew anything. A buddy has all my stuff until his lope hunt is done, but after that I'd be happy to swing by your shop and let you try them out. I am up there a couple times a week.

Thanks. I already ordered the Vortex and their adapter to try it out. I saw the velcro adapter and wondered how that would work. I may have to switch if the adapter I ordered is a pita. It has the screw for the center lug on the binocs and a slide for the quick release. I am going to do some glassing in a couple of weeks for my deer hunt in 20A. Bob Mitchell has a couple of spots that are tough enough to get to that we might get away from the crowds a bit.

Give the velcro one a try. It also can double as a good rest. Bob knows that unit like the back of his hand.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back