Trijicon scopes?

Mako

Anyone here use a Trijicon scope on their hunting rifle(s)? What’s your opinion compared to the more traditional mainstream hunting scopes?

Have 2 AccuPower 4-16x50 and one AccuPoint 3-9x40, all 3 on hunting rifles. Glass is excellent, scopes track well and are built solidly. Compare really well to my Leupold, Vortex and Meopta's.

I've got a 3-9 accupower with the mil square. I like it quite a bit. Tracks, dials, and keeps zero. Not the scope I'd pick for a bunch of dialing but it functions correctly. The illumination is nice and the reticle is nice and useful illuminated or not. I wish it was ffp like everything else I use, but other than that I like it.

I have an Accupoint 2.5 - 12X, mil dot crosshair with green dot on a .300 Win Mag, and an Accupoint 3-9X mil dot crosshair with green dot on my .270. I am very happy with both scopes. My tired old eyes really like the lighted green dot. I'm thinking my side jobs may put a 3-9X on my muzzle loader this summer !!

I have an Accupoint 2.5 - 12X, mil dot crosshair with green dot on a .300 Win Mag, and an Accupoint 3-9X mil dot crosshair with green dot on my .270. I am very happy with both scopes. My tired old eyes really like the lighted green dot. I'm thinking my side jobs may put a 3-9X on my muzzle loader this summer !!
Thinking that is a very good combo....

Anyone here use a Trijicon scope on their hunting rifle(s)? What’s your opinion compared to the more traditional mainstream hunting scopes?
I have been very happy with a 4-16 Accupower on my .30-06 and a 3-9 on my AR-10 (both have the Mil Square reticle with red illumination).

Not a scope you would dial with but if you are happy “holding”, I would say they are hard to beat for the money.

Good glass, built like tanks, illumination is done well, etc. I have zero regrets with either of those purchases! Don’t think you can go wrong with them.

Had to make an account because I really like these scopes lol.

I have two 3-9x40 AccuPoints with the mil-dot cross hair and green illumination that have been used to take game, one mounted on a 280AI and one on a 7mm-08. Haven't racked up infinite hunting time like some around here, but at least have seen how things go under a reasonable variety of situations and environmental conditions.

The glass is good and picture clear as might be expected of scopes at this price point. I had to online order my first and spent a lot of time worrying about whether the ocular bell would be too bulky for the low scope rings I wanted to use - that turned out to be a non-issue.

I've dragged the scope through some fairly nasty places, including banging it on boulders while more or less rock climbing when I made poor pathing choices and it appears to have held up. Haven't actually fallen on it so I don't know where the durability breaks down, but it seems solid thus far.

In my mind, the thing that separates the AccuPoint line from other options for hunting is the tritium/fiber optic illumination. For the scopes I own, the contrast offered by having a green dot surrounded by a thin black box means my eye has the opportunity to pick up either the green or the black. At least for me, this makes it trivial to pick up my point of aim quickly no matter what the target color or lighting conditions are. And it's always on - I've ended up in a couple pretty cold situations where I would have been concerned about battery-powered illumination.

So the thing I really like is not having to think about illumination and whether it's going to function - it's just there. Whether that matters to other individuals is a matter of taste, but for me it's decisive.

As has already been mentioned, I wouldn't use this scope if you're into shooting crazy long distances such that you need to dial a bunch (not set up for that), but if you're into shooting more moderate distances where holdover is acceptable and want a durable, brain-dead scope this thing works very well. I personally have no intent to move away from the AccuPoint line for any of my family's hunting rifles.

Had to make an account because I really like these scopes lol.

I have two 3-9x40 AccuPoints with the mil-dot cross hair and green illumination that have been used to take game, one mounted on a 280AI and one on a 7mm-08. Haven't racked up infinite hunting time like some around here, but at least have seen how things go under a reasonable variety of situations and environmental conditions.

The glass is good and picture clear as might be expected of scopes at this price point. I had to online order my first and spent a lot of time worrying about whether the ocular bell would be too bulky for the low scope rings I wanted to use - that turned out to be a non-issue.

I've dragged the scope through some fairly nasty places, including banging it on boulders while more or less rock climbing when I made poor pathing choices and it appears to have held up. Haven't actually fallen on it so I don't know where the durability breaks down, but it seems solid thus far.

In my mind, the thing that separates the AccuPoint line from other options for hunting is the tritium/fiber optic illumination. For the scopes I own, the contrast offered by having a green dot surrounded by a thin black box means my eye has the opportunity to pick up either the green or the black. At least for me, this makes it trivial to pick up my point of aim quickly no matter what the target color or lighting conditions are. And it's always on - I've ended up in a couple pretty cold situations where I would have been concerned about battery-powered illumination.

So the thing I really like is not having to think about illumination and whether it's going to function - it's just there. Whether that matters to other individuals is a matter of taste, but for me it's decisive.

As has already been mentioned, I wouldn't use this scope if you're into shooting crazy long distances such that you need to dial a bunch (not set up for that), but if you're into shooting more moderate distances where holdover is acceptable and want a durable, brain-dead scope this thing works very well. I personally have no intent to move away from the AccuPoint line for any of my family's hunting rifles.
I am glad you signed up and posted as I am thinking about a lightweight 280 AI. The 3-9X Accupoint with the mil-dot reticle is what I would like to top it with.

I’ve got a 4-24x50 Tenmile with a green dot. Nice scope and well thought out. Made in Japan in the same facility as a lot of other nice scopes.

I am glad you signed up and posted as I am thinking about a lightweight 280 AI. The 3-9X Accupoint with the mil-dot reticle is what I would like to top it with.
Cool! Dunno what you're considering as the full build but if it's relevant my setup is: Kimber Montana, Talley SS bases and fixed rings, and the 3-9 Accupoint. I think that combination is a very interesting point on the portability/durability/lethality spectrum, and is part of why I went with the 3-9 scope vs. the 2.5-12 (the latter is a fair bit heavier). Full disclosure: getting to the point where I'm confident using that setup on live critters has been a rather lengthy process due to my own shortcomings as a shooter (it's no secret that light rifles are harder to shoot).

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back