MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

TreePods

Zim

Anybody tried one of these for treestand gun hunting? 95% of my whitetail hunting is archery, but want to start taking our IL gun season more seriously. Drew a great public tag this year. I use the small 14.7# LW Assault climbers exclusively, but their shooting rail gets very poor reviews. Thought about trying a larger Summit Viper but would not need to buy something I'm rarely gonna use if these TreePods are at least decent.

https://easttnoutfitters.ecwid.com/...Tree-Stand-Retention-Shooting-Rest-p259883939

Tomcat I is a face the tree climber that would the same as your LW. Have to find used, but should be cheap when you do

Also I tried that idea for a shooting rest thirty years ago. Didn't work at all.

Have shot a lot things out of a tree stand and never thought I needed a rifle rest. YMMV.
Had a 160” directly in front of me 100 yards right next to private fence. Knew if I didn’t break his shoulder he would jump right over. Tried to rest elbows on my knees no dice. Crosshairs drifted all over. Had to pass that shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back