Yeti GOBOX Collection

Travel/Daypacks

Beartooth83

Looking for a high quality travel/light daypack. Something that is low profile yet versitile enough to use for the essentials on day trips. And something that can take a beating. I've got my eyes on the Mystery Ranch ASAP. Any of you guys using this pack? Or do you have any other suggestions? The 3 Day Assult looks nice, but may be a little large for what I'd be using it for. Chime in if you've got any ideas.

I have an osprey kestrel 38L that I use for this purpose. Does well for a carry on for flying or for a hunting day pack if you tack on a kifaru gunbearer. It cinches up to nothing or can expand to carry extra layers or haul out the first load of meat.

I have an Eberlestock X1A1 that I use for dayhiking/hunting. It is way too heavy for its size but has a rifle scabbard that protects most of the rifle which I really like. I often carry a lever gun in the scabbard when hiking which eases some of my friend's bear fears. I did a few overnights with this pack this fall and if you keep things to the bare minimum it will work. I it would handle smaller loads of meat but definitely not big enough for quarters of elk.

I also use an Osprey Aether 85 that works great and can do overnight pretty easily but is a bit noisy in dark timber.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back