Travel case for both compound bow and rifle recommendations

Goosebrooke

I need a rifle case acceptable for air travel, but it would be nice if the case could also carry a compound bow. I was thinking of getting a bow case meant for a target bow and fitting foam for the times I’m traveling with the rifle. Any one have a recommendation or have done this?

SKB iSeries 4719 or 5014 models would probably work depending on how long your rifle is. The 4217 might even work if its a fairly short rifle. I'm not sure if those sizes come in single models, or just the double models. I have a 4217 double and could easily carry a broken down shotgun or 10-22 (or both) and my bow. if your rifle was under 46" it would fit the 4719 and be able to be ran tight to one side allowing room for your bow riser on the other shelf pushed towards the opposite side. I'm not sure there would be enough depth to run a rifle diagonal on the bottom and a bow on top.

I have a SKB 5014 for my Halon-X it is long enough for a rifle as sell. I currently use a pelican double rifle for guns but this case could provide double uses.

I’ve got a SKB double bow case that I love, 4217 I believe. Also own a Pelican 1720 for rifles, but my E35 fits perfectly if I just want to carry a bow.

Pelican 1750 is what I will likely be buying here soon. I plan to put a shotgun and rifle in it for traveling.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've flown with a cheapo Plano bow case, with the bow and bunch of frozen meat in there wrapped in a puffy. It was a janky setup but the meat and bow traveled well; however, the case had a crack running through it. I just need to up my travel game.

Hi SKB Doubler's...

I am very interested in the 4217 but what keeps the bow in place? I want to pack a pistol & ammo for an archery hunt but concerned with the lack of tie downs to keep everything in place etc...

Thanks in advance!

Hi SKB Doubler's...

I am very interested in the 4217 but what keeps the bow in place? I want to pack a pistol & ammo for an archery hunt but concerned with the lack of tie downs to keep everything in place etc...

Thanks in advance!

Compression is what keeps everything in place in these cases. You could have you quiver and other misc archery gear, plus the pistol/ammo on the bottom shelf, and your bow on the top shelf and everything would probably stay in place just fine.

The new pelican air case is very nice. If I every move my SKB for anything that will be it

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back