Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Transporting Ammo thru Canada

This past summer, the border agent ran down a list of weapons to ask if I was carrying. A few of them he asked multiple times. When he asked if I was carrying a blow gun, I gave him a Bert-stare as I replied, 'No'. He must have caught it because he responded, 'Youd be surprised what people try to bring in', before moving onto the next weapon.

Id love to hear that story.

This past summer, the border agent ran down a list of weapons to ask if I was carrying. A few of them he asked multiple times. When he asked if I was carrying a blow gun, I gave him a Bert-stare as I replied, 'No'. He must have caught it because he responded, 'Youd be surprised what people try to bring in', before moving onto the next weapon.

Id love to hear that story.
Interesting. I didn't know blow guns are restricted up here. No different than an archery bow for noise. Ah ... it's the poison dart ammo I guess.

The only reality show I watch, albeit rarely, are the border security ones, both US and Canadian. Some of the stuff people try to bring into the country is truly amazing. I swear they just as well tear open every piece of luggage from passengers arriving from mainland China. Wow! Animal heads, rotten whole fish, etc.

Last edited:
Been a long long time since I've driven up through Canada. As best I recall I never had a problem the the Canada port. My problems were always at the American port coming back. Last time down, years ago. I had a couple rifles in a gun rack in the back window. Canada never said a word but on the American side I was held up over an hour as they tried to convince me I was not from Oregon but a wanted felon from Chicago! Drivers licence had oregon address on it as did my vehicle registration, they didn't care! I should have been coming in from Mexico, They would have provided me with all kinds of free stuff!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back