Trail Cam Shutting Off

Dougfirtree

Anyone else have occaisional trouble with cams shutting off mysteriously? I just went to get a camera that has been out since July and I was bummed to find out that it shut down two weeks after I left it. The batteries are still full, it just shut down. The only thing I can think of is that the batteries get jostled and one loses the connection..? It has happened to be a couple of times over the years. Just curious if others have experienced this and perhaps figured something out that I'm not getting. Thanks!

I don’t have any relevant experience with bushnells, I had one but it was years ago and was a budget model that did not last long. I’ve had a pile of Moultrie over the years that would function great for one season, maybe two and then just start randomly turning off and in general becoming completely unreliable. If it’s a new camera I would suggest trying to return it try to get your money back otherwise there’s not much you can do other than lower your expectations and play trail cam roulette every time you go to check them. I have just found I get what I pay for usually. My current favorite brand is browning trail cams, I have not had one ounce of trouble out of them.

I don’t have any relevant experience with bushnells, I had one but it was years ago and was a budget model that did not last long. I’ve had a pile of Moultrie over the years that would function great for one season, maybe two and then just start randomly turning off and in general becoming completely unreliable. If it’s a new camera I would suggest trying to return it try to get your money back otherwise there’s not much you can do other than lower your expectations and play trail cam roulette every time you go to check them. I have just found I get what I pay for usually. My current favorite brand is browning trail cams, I have not had one ounce of trouble out of them.
My brother has a Browning and it has worked out very well for him.

That's been my problem.
People turning them off.
Taking the SD card.
I put one camera hidden well, aimed at another camera that i was having "issues" with.
Caught 2 guys pulling my SD card, looking at my pictures, and i'm guessing erasing my SD card and putting it back.
Sometimes the camera was on, other times it wasn't turned on.

I started carrying a section of ladder on my pack and putting the cameras up high, out of easy reach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back