Traditional Screw-in Broadheads

Coop

Just curious what people like when it comes to broadheads for carbon trad arrows. I am thinking about the VPA 3 blade non vented, the Grizzly Single Bevel, or potentially the Cliffzwickey. The catch is that the broadhead has to be available in the 175-200gr. range. Open to thoughts and suggestions!

I have grizzly single bevel 175’s on FMJ’s. The factory edge that came on them was terrible. But the sharpened fine and fly well. Also they are 2 3/4” long so I really have to stuff them in to my selway quiver so they’re not sticking out.

Last edited:
I shoot abowyers and have some northerns on the way. I thought real hard about some VPAs and cutthroats though

For trade I wouldn't worry about vented or non vented as the arrow is moving slow enough it won't matter. As for heads I would go with iron wills, Valkyrie, cutthroat, vpa 2 or 3 blade, grizzlystik, Magnus, steelforce trad, badger, German jaeger, or OZ cut. All different prices and design. I personally think iron wills and Valkyrie are probably the best made as far as design and materials. Then I would go VPA and cutthroat right behind them. But all are great and will work. I would also learn to sharpen because a super sharp head out of a trad bow can be quite deadly.

Great. Thanks for the replies, fellas. I will be doing some more research on the ones mentioned. If anyone else has a preference, feel free to shoot it this way!

I’m going with VPA 2 blade for deer this year with my recurve. I like the solid one piece design, and they fly great out to at least 30 yards with my setup.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back