Tracking collars

josh

The telemetry subject got me seriously thinking about getting some tracking collars......I have lost dogs in the past..the thought of loosing the ones I got now sends shivers down my spine!......Anyway.. What kind do you guys use?

Josh-I use Wildlife Materials Tracking collars and Reciever. There are several good ones on the market these days. It sure saves dogs lives , and it also can cut off miles and miles of walking, and in the snow you get there and we get here, sometimes that means the difference between getting to the tree before dark, or after dark. I lost the best dog I ever had because I didnt put a collar on him, the track was so fresh it was steaming and I figured we would have the cat right there!!!! WRONG!!!!! It cost me an awful good dog!!!! I turned down 5000 bucks for the dog a couple weeks before that!! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html
www.huntandlodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

I use a wildlife trx64 box and Johnson collars.The only negative with this stuff is that it is a little bulky to carry in the woods.There is a smaller unit out by Tracker i believe.If it is the one I am thinking about it folds up easily into a pouch and is about the size of a remote control.I have heard good things about it but I am not going to be the guinea pig in this area with it.I think it is a little pricey.If I found out that it worked well the price would be worth it to have that small of a unit to carry in the woods.

George, we have some pretty good hills here in Arkansas and several coonhunters use theTracker sytem. They say it works great. It is made in Northwest Arkansas. I agree it is very pricey.

Boomer

I myself have a Johnson 3 channel.A guy I know has a wildlife that seems to work pretty good.Another guy I know has a tracker.I know he has sent it back 3 times to be worked on.If you really want a good tracking outfit though you should get an ATS.I have yet to see a tracking outfit that could even come close to getting the range an ATS gets.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back