Toughest MT Hunt Ever

thecrittergitter

This definately was the toughest hunt I have ever done. After many miles of hiking through treacherous terrain and horrible weather, i was able to finally outwit one of the most elusive of all critters...the hay raised bison.....when this old buffalo bull finally spotted me, he was on the charge, and i dropped him in his tracks with the trusty old 7mm. Fortunately, i had my Mystery Ranch crew cab and was able to pack him out whole, one trip. Good thing i ate my wheaties this morning. I sure wish i had pictures of me packing him out whole but i just don't.........

I do have one of me and ol woolly bully posing for our hero shot though ;);):D

Mmmmmmmm, gonna be a yummy winter with this guy in the freezer!

Attachments

• Buffalo 1-small.jpg
    Buffalo 1-small.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 860
I used to be a really good pitcher, could have gone pro, i just picked up a rock about the weight of a baseball and threw a hell of a fastball..........

Nice shot Matt, now the pic should have been taken from below and you should be farther behind the animal, Oh, but then you would see the corrals. Just kidding. Should be good eating. Are you tanning the hide?

Nice shot Matt, now the pic should have been taken from below and you should be farther behind the animal, Oh, but then you would see the corrals. Just kidding. Should be good eating. Are you tanning the hide?

Actually, thought i was going to have to photoshop the corrals out as it was but i found one in the mix that didn't have them in there....................dammit, i should have moved that bait..er i mean hay in the background:D

Okay, I know there is a backhoe just out of sight with a big ole' chain hanging off the bucket.Congrats,not too many other ways to geta bison for the trophy room.

I'm telling you Matt, the wife will be over there cutting the beast up tonight!! Come morning you will find what 4 guys could barely move will be gone as she is sick of eating Mulies! She'll blame it on the butcher not have a secured location.

Great Hunt! The Indians used to cut grass and the Squaws would stomp it into Hay to lure the Buff into a Leather Corral that they chewed the Buff hides to make the leather. Keep up the tradition! BTW, I am looking at the same thing for myself! John

Well, it is a nice trophy, but actually giving away the head and hide............this one is all about the meat and a lot of it..............Fiver and his family will be storing about half of this beast in his freezer for winter.

As much as i would love to keep the head and hide and all, it really wasn't a hunt at all which would feel a little funny to me in the "trophy room"......;)

Had a great time though!!

My buddy that hooked me up on this guy has one more bull for sale if anyone is interested. PM me if so.......

I thought yall used to chase em off a hill? Looks kinda flat there.No kidding,good eating and good job.

Funny stuff, Matt. Still looks like fun. With all those young 'uns you got, maybe you should buy the other one, also.

With two elk tags, 8 deer tags, zach has a buffalo tag and so does my dad...........i'm pretty sure nobody is going hungry this winter:):)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back