Toston -Lombard -Clarkston road Sixteeenmile Montana

Nunyacreek

Years ago I drove from Belgrade to Helena and crossed a rickety bridge over Sixteenmile Creek. I now understand that the bridge is gone and the ford is physically blocked and posted. I believe this is Turner property. I assumed it was a county road, maybe I was wrong. Anybody know the story? Thanks

They tore out the bridge. And the landowner was tired of everyone driving down into the creek through his land. If you come from Logan, you'll get to a gate. You can go through that gate and get to the river. For access to the water. Eddie won't let anyone hunt though, from my understanding. The Brainards outfit.

There is some turner land back there.

They tore out the bridge. And the landowner was tired of everyone driving down into the creek through his land. If you come from Logan, you'll get to a gate. You can go through that gate and get to the river. For access to the water. Eddie won't let anyone hunt though, from my understanding. The Brainards outfit.

There is some turner land back there.
We’ll see. My in laws suggested we go talk to them last year, as they’ve known them and hunted their property since early 90s.. I never took them up on the offer. I just may have to try.. Tell you what, I got buddies that get permission door knocking- but I sure never have… like, EVER. Lol the time to shine may have come 😅

I think Turner sold the Bar None. Could be wrong but it appears to be owned by somebody else not TEI. Yeah - go knock on some doors.. 😂
You ever gotten any permission knockin on doors? With all the public land I’m not really one to go nuts trying. But my buddies got gooooooood spots from random people just knocking… I just wanted to use that route, not Hunt it necessarily.

I remember driving that road while I was in college 8-12 years ago. Great place to find rattlesnakes if you're into that sort of thing...

I grew up hunting that country, Eddie is outfitted, I've heard of him to let some family, and friends in the last couple weeks of the season and the shoulder season. He's a tough ol boy that don't care to much for people knocking on his door. Pretty much the access is there if he's inviting you.

Turner obviously owned the bar nun and now has sold that piece to a long time hunting client. The CA just got sold to a tubby sandwich company titan named Jimmy John so I'm sure he's not open to letting people on. I'm sure Jackie boy isn't letting anyone hit his honey hole and the Morgan's outfit but will let cow hunters in late.

I think it's funny as shit hope many 4 to 6 year old threads get dug up.

Maybe @Greenhorn has a Bridgers honey hole I know he's pretty fond of that range.....

I look up areas that I have questions about to see if there are threads on it I can learn from. Then I look at the “last seen” if available to see if it’s even worth resurrecting.. they all seem to get responses after years. Even if it may not be what I want to hear, your response was very informative. Thank you.

Oops. I usually catch that. I just saw that month was July and didn't catch the year.
I shouldn't be like that there are great threads on this site which makes it what it is. Some threads though could stay dormat forever but there's also great ones with great information.

We have seen with some that need to stay in the casket but this one doesn't.

Hopefully what I shared help you a little bit.

I shouldn't be like that there are great threads on this site which makes it what it is. Some threads though could stay dormat forever but there's also great ones with great information.

We have seen with some that need to stay in the casket but this one doesn't.

Hopefully what I shared help you a little bit.
No worries. I guess I was thinking more like a thread this old, the OP may not even be around anymore. So answering their question often is moot. But I didn't take issue to you pointing out the original date.

I grew up hunting that country, Eddie is outfitted, I've heard of him to let some family, and friends in the last couple weeks of the season and the shoulder season. He's a tough ol boy that don't care to much for people knocking on his door. Pretty much the access is there if he's inviting you.

Turner obviously owned the bar nun and now has sold that piece to a long time hunting client. The CA just got sold to a tubby sandwich company titan named Jimmy John so I'm sure he's not open to letting people on. I'm sure Jackie boy isn't letting anyone hit his honey hole and the Morgan's outfit but will let cow hunters in late.

I think it's funny as shit hope many 4 to 6 year old threads get dug up.

Maybe @Greenhorn has a Bridgers honey hole I know he's pretty fond of that range.....
Not too sure that the CA was bought by Jimmy John. I had heard that but I also heard that the son-in-law of Sam Walton bought it and planned to keep it a working ranch. Having grown up on that ranch, it needs a lot of work.

Not too sure that the CA was bought by Jimmy John. I had heard that but I also heard that the son-in-law of Sam Walton bought it and planned to keep it a working ranch. Having grown up on that ranch, it needs a lot of work.
I’ll bust my ass! Put me in touch? Lol not about what ya know, but who ya know!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back