Tommy Down!

'Ike'

First bird of the season...Had five Tom's hit the field this morning with three being Jakes and two mature birds... I know the two and they never leave each other, so I had to get the Jakes to commit and see if they'd get mad. It worked! I muffed the first shot, by hitting the edge of my blind netting, hitting him low in the leg/thigh. He didn't go far and it looked like it'd be a lethal hit, but his buddy kept pushing him...Then a bigger Tom/Boss came in and pushed 'em both towards the creek and pond...Cripes!

I got a cell phone picture of 'em on the edge then him rolling over it...I let things settle down and the birds to finally leave the field before heading over. He was on the edge of the water and I put another shot in him thinking that'd do it...Yeah! I go back to get my camera and retrieve him and he's still got enough ump to play duck/goose...Got my bird though!

There's no posing a 'wet' turkey!

10" & 1"

Attachments

• Set-up (2).jpg
    Set-up (2).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Of All Places (2).jpg
    Of All Places (2).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Seriously! (2).jpg
    Seriously! (2).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 303
  • One Wet Bird (2).jpg
    One Wet Bird (2).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 298
Congrats. We start here in MT a week from today.

I didn't know that turkeys could swim.

I guess they can't especially with a arrow in them!!

Last edited:
Season opened here today. I don't think I'll be able to get out and go after them until the 15th though.

Thanks guys, great start...Two more to go here! Good luck on your hunts...

Last edited:
awesome start ....one more week of waiting then I get to test my skills or lack there of

Congrats, season not open for us her in WA till the 15th. nice bird!

Nice bird-Congrats! Is that a Rio? Hope to be out among the Merriam's this coming weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back