Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tom in Texas..

The Hedgehog

I spent a week in San Antonio for work. Stay on the RiverWalk area and visited the alamo, buckhorn saloon, ranger museam, and some of the pubs. Nice town..

I think I saw Tom hiding under a bedsheet on the street one night. Was going to take a picture of him with my phone but feared retaliation from his pals who were standing around smoking and drinking 40 ounce beers.

Maybe next time.. all kidding aside it was a cool place to visit.

Greeny I was there in early April for the Final 4 basketball tourny. It is a nice town and the riverwalk is pretty sweet. I did check out the buckhorn it has a chit load of horns huh. I think we hit every bar in town for that 7 day trip.

40oz beers? That must have been a tourist place. Did you go to Dirty Nelly's or Dick's Last Resort (see the condom drinks?) on the Riverwalk? Dirty Nelly's is the most profitable bar in the world for the Hilton per square foot. Its a fun Irish pub with a sing along piano player. Mission San Jose is the most complete mission a little south of town, but at the Alamo, if you here the talk or watch the movie at the big screen in the River Center mall, you get some of the history. Did you see where Teddy Roosevelt shot holes in the Menger Bar accross from the Alamo when he recruited for the Rough Riders? That's a neat historic bar. You should have recruited a local, I might have been a tour guide for some of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back