Todays Bear hunt..

Moosie

Grand poopa
Site "T" was a No go today. we then Hiked Goodies up to Site "C". Some people say Only a "DORK" would hike bait Uphill but We do it anyway. HEre is a Picture of me working the hill side :

dork.sized.jpg

dork1.sized.jpg

And my New Custom hat !!!!!

Here is a Picture of our Site walking into it and At it :

site.sized.jpg

sitea.sized.jpg

Wylee is standing over the BAit site. He's taking in the Odor of our new Friend in the Area. Let's just say We have Trail cam pictures of our Black and White friend from last year, And this year he's not going to make it the season :D

We're not heading back up untill next weekend. I did talk to Elkturd and they have bears hitting their site already. We also MEt another guy that has bears at their site. So we'll see what is happening soon.....

The hat is very fitting.

One observation...you appear to be walking uphill with an empty pack. Could it be you parked on top of the hill and walked down it with a full load?

Either way, at least you did something productive on this beautiful day. I only managed to cut my lawn and cook dinner for the family and some guests.

Let's see those bear pics!

Ovis.. You Jest. Thats a Bag of Solid Penut Butter bread my friend. It just looks light.

Errrr... I mean it IS light, you should come up next time and trown a couple over your shoulder and Run up the hill for us ;)

I did yard work yesterday. weather sucked, Well.. Actuallty it BLEW.. Blew all day :( So I did some Painting in the Bathroom and garage work too.

Peanut butter bread??? Never heard of that. Not that I was ever a big fan of peanut butter. I do know my dog is fond of it
hump.gif
:D

I don't mind giving you guys a hand humping some bait up the hill, but I'd rather sit on the stand for you all. That way you guys can monitor the forum...much more important than the former.

I floated the Payyette yesterday...damn head-winds all day, but still fun :cool:

Moosie,

Isn't it easier to get to the bait site if you go up over the top of that big rock, and come in from the other side????

It looks like C and T are busts this year....
Let's go set up some more sites...

I want to know the entire concept behind the alpha codes. What determines if it is a C, T, L, or Z? Is it totally random, or does it have relevance?

Ovis,
We typically just use the letters that Moosie doesn't use when typing. We figured by using the letters he omits from common words, we could get him familar to their location on his keyboard.... and perhaps, some day his speling will get more better....

Now that is an idea; mixing recreation with education. Thanks for enlightening me.

It has Relevence but we can't tell you why. At least not on the Board.

This year there is only 2 sites... "C" and "T"... there is Also no U or any "N's".....

There will be several Bear dieing this year. Or alot of pictures taken at least ;)

Well let me hunt your stand this year, and I'll let you hunt one of my stands next year. You can have your choice of I, O or U.

There will be several Bear dieing this year. Or alot of pictures taken at least
Yah, I know of about 4 with Gunner and my names on them...in AK anyways ;)

HAHA !!!! Once we take the Cubs off the Sites and you and Gunner are in AK, we can Barter stand space on your return......

Good luck in AK !!!

My geuss is Bait "C" stands for Crouch.......give me half a day I bet I could sniff it out.... theres so much bait in that country you can't even smell the wildflowers blooming, last time I was over there I think I found like 6-8 bait piles in one day. No wonder why theres hardly any big bears in that country there all malnurished, good thing theres houndsmen around to give them there exercise or they probably would all die of cardiac arrest.

Gato... I'd give you a 1/2 day 2 days to Sniff out the "C" location. Hell.. I'll give you 2 days :D We've posted enough pictures you should be able too find it in 10 mins .......
But I'm still guessing you won't :D

If you're up in the Crouch area, tell me were it is .. then tell me were Site "T" is.

But good guessing !!!

Ahh moosie, I wish I had the time it would be fun, kinda like hunting for easter eggs. Seeing as you guys meet at horseshoe bend before making your bait piles only leads me to believe the river your crossing is that of the payette river variety, maybe the middle fork or south fork. Based on location of the rd and the direction of stream flow, should'nt be to terribly hard
......don't worry though I don't like to get my feet wet.

Dorcus,

Look like good times in the ID bear woods. Sounds like you have a good looking black and white holstein hitting the bait.

Hope you and Wylee find the 400 pounder.

Back