Tire Size

What tire size would you pick for western November high country hunting?

• Total voters
I ordered tires yesterday. I did go against the poll and what I said previously. I got a set of 255/80 r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W e range 121rated tires. They are 1/2” narrower than stock and 1” taller.

I watched a Dodge truck crabbing down the East side of Donner pass on Highway 80. His big ol' mudders weren't doing him any favors on the skiff of snow on the highway. What good do those fat tires do you when you can't even control your vehicle on the highway?

It is as much tread design as size. I love watching someone with a stock rig show their driving skill trumps lifted trucks driving oversized tires, breaking axles, burning out clutches etc.

Put me in the Stock Size or slightly taller tire department. I'll add M+S tread design as well.

What truck are you putting them on? Those tires seem to have become very popular lately. Be interested to hear your experiences with them. Good call on going tall and skinny, I think thats my next move.

What truck are you putting them on? Those tires seem to have become very popular lately. Be interested to hear your experiences with them. Good call on going tall and skinny, I think thats my next move.
I’m putting them on a 2018 f150 4x4 supercrew that’s got leveling coil overs to level it.

IMG_20170118_110550940_HDR.jpgI run 285/16 . Lots of different brands on the old girl . But I never leave home with out the Clinkers !!
It's a must when you worked a hard Day and your ready for a Cold One !! Lol

MT.PERCHMAN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back