Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Time Marches On

Southern Elk

I lost my grandfather who was my best friend on Christmas Eve four years ago. I went to visit my grandmother today and she didn’t even know me. Alzheimer’s is such a cruel disease.

If you’re lucky enough to still have your parents and grandparents, visit them every chance you get and cherish your time together.

I feel you man. I always tell people the same thing. Cherish your time together. Time goes fast, and your parents & grandparents know that better than anyone so the time spent with them means a lot to them.

I lost my grandpa, life long hunting and fishing partner in September. We spent tons of time together and it still didn't feel like enough. I lost my other grandpa a few years earlier also in September. He had alzheimer's for the last couple years of his life.

It's hard because my grandpa who passed a few years ago could fix anything. He was the handy man of all handy men. I wish I was older so I could've learned more from him.

My other grandpa that passed this year was my hunting and fishing mentor. I remember being 10 years old and going out to their house in the summer to spend days fishing and hanging out. Went on a big trip with him out to Idaho 5 years ago.

Lots of good memories, but I wish they were still around to keep making memories with.

Back