Timber Ridge Tent

shannerdrake

Hello All,

First let me start off by saying I know that in no way would a Costco tent compete with a Montana Canvas tent. I am just asking if anyone has any experience or thoughts on the model below:

My thoughts are for the money it could be good for short family trips, where it would be nice to be able to stand up in the tent and have a bit more room to move around. The option of a stove could also increase comfort on early and later campouts. Also wondering if it could work for early season front country hunts or maybe antelope.

Again, I realize this isn't going to compete with the high-end tents out there. However, not every situation requires the highest quality gear. I don't squirrel hunt with a $2000 rifle, I don't mow my yard in Sitka gear, and I don't use a frame pack to walk at the park.

Thanks!

I don’t like that it’s not actually canvas. For roughly the same $ or just a bit more, you could get a Kodiak canvas tent which is a much better option IMO.

We had an elk mountain tent for a while. It was polyester canvas kinda like this. It did well, was made in China. I served us well for several years. Then one fall in Colorado it got cold and snowy and it did not hold heat as well as our straight canvas tent. Quite a noticeable difference in temperature. Hope this helps.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back