Tikka T3 300 WSM

How would they be for white tail deer?
I also was looking at these Federal premium vital shock 165gr Barnes triple shock x bullet hollow point Lead free.

I use em for deer and elk. The 165 TSX Fed's would work fine also and I wouldn't hesitate to use em on elk either.

I have had great results with the 180 Accubonds on big whitetails to moose. If the gun shoots them well, I would fully recommend. I do second the 165 TSX as a second option.

First of all its grains not grams and the only brand that makes accubonds is nosler.Good bullet I think you will be happy.Federal has them in their line up or nosler custom ammo.

Sorry, should of specified, Nosler 180 AB's...I hand load them using Reloader 15.

I use the Federal trophy bonded ballistic tip in 180 gr. out of my Tikka T3 Lite. tack driver.

I reload Barnes TSX and TSX tipped Bullet's in 165 and 180 grains and recommend both!

As rooster cogburn would say...

TC:
That's A LOT of gun for whitetail:eek:! (John Wayne would say,"too much gun")

The 165 gr Barnes Triple Shock would be an excellent choice for whitetail, and the 180 good for big muley, elk, and more. (a light lead bullet is going to destroy lots of edible meat :()

Hope this helps, good luck:)

Back