Thoughts on Fast Eddie XL Double Pin?

JdGoodhart

Hi All,

I am thinking about switching over from a standard three-pin sight from Spott Hogg to the Fast Eddie Xl double pin. Everything I have read so far is positive but I just want to be sure before paying a good amount of money on a sight.

Thanks,

Joey

I see this is an older post but I am making the switch also have been a 4 pin shooter for 40 yrs and I just cant see them very well any more a bit blurry at 56 yrs old my friend uses the spot hogg sites and I put on on my hoyt nitrum turbo been shooting it for a week now I like it so Ill be getting the 2 pin setting the first at 25 yrds and will see where the second one hits from my bow using arrow charts I think it will be about 35 yrds. So I wont have to move anything for most shots and will have a clear site window kinda liking that for sure

I switched to this sight and really liked it. Keep mine set at 50 all the time. Killed one elk and 2 deer without moving it. Elk was at 18 yards(aim a foot low) and deer were 60ish (right where my 2nd pin ends up).

I was seriously looking at this one and the Black Gold Ascent. I found a shop that carried them both and ended up with the Black Gold. My decision was based on weight. The Black Gold was lighter.

I don't like spot hoggs housing but if you want a single pin with the benefit of a second pin for when an animal moves the double pin is pretty great. I personally like 3 pin sliders but that double pin sure does clean up the sight picture.

Spott hogg makes absolutely bomb proof sights. They are the toughest and most reliable sights on the market I feel. I just switched to an Axcel 5 pin with slider and I am always afraid of setting it down wrong or dropping it on a rock when I am in the field. I used Spott Hogg for years. I dont think the Fast Eddie is a bad option at all, I just think it is very very important to practice with a sight like that. Things happen so damn fast in the field and a lot of the time, an elk will be coming in full speed, then moving back out, then coming back in etc. There isnt always time to dial the exact yardage. The sight is great as long as you practice and know your marks while floating the pins at certain heights (ex bull make come in at 37 but then quickly spooks, bolts, and then stops at 53...do you know where to hold that bottom pin?). Its definitely a great sight, just make sure to put the work in.

My buddy has one and loves it. I have the hog father and it’s a tank, weighs about as much as one too.

My little brother has the Fast Eddie Double Pin on his Bow and really likes it. It is nice to have 2 pins in case you need to shoot without being able to adjust your dial. It has a very nice un-cluttered sight picture as well. The one dislike I have for his Fast Eddie is that it is a pain to put on/change the sight tape. Besides that it is a great sight. I currently have a Single Pin HHA Lite King Optimizer with the .10 pin for a few years and it has been awesome as well, very easy to change out site tapes and dials for different setups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back