Thoughts on BX-1 McKenzie 10x42 binos

Grecco

Got the cabelas add for fathers day and saw these advertised for $99. I currently run an older pair of nikon action 10x40. Has anyone used these leupolds. How do they feel and how is the image. I dont know weather to change or wait a couple years for a really nice 500 ish pair. I do have kids that will be comming up looking for handme downs when they are a little older so nothing will be a waste.

theddguide

I have a pair as well and they work just fine for me. Some day I'll upgrade but they are quite clear for what they are and will certainly work for now.

schmalts

For a short time and can offer s big discount on a BX-4 pro guide or BX-5. PM me if interested

BluegrassBilly

I have a pair in 8x. They're a good value. That is to say, they are not great glass, but they're better than $35 glass, and better than some $250 glass. And with a lifetime guarantee, I'm not worried to be rough with them.

danwolf

I haven't heard of those, I bought the Vortex Diamondback 10x42's which are similar. Both hare Bak4's, multicoated, and gas purged. I'd buy them.

Grecco

I did buy them. I ran compared them to my old set and could not tell much of a difference in the glass. I did like how compact and smaller than my old ones. In the end I did return them and will save for a higher end set. If I did not have a set and needed one, I would have loved them.