Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

This year's big one in KY (pic!)

dgibson

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Terry Ratliff of Martin, Kentucky in Floyd County waited until the fourth day of the 2003 Kentucky bull elk quota hunt to take his bull elk. His monster 780-pound bull, taken October 7, may be the new state record bull elk.

"I’m more than a little excited, I’m floating around," Ratliff said a few minutes after taking the elk. "I watched and watched him and waited for the sun to come up and the fog to burn off. I thought to myself, this is the one right here. This is a beauty."

The huge elk sported a 6 x 6 set of antlers that green scored 314 points on the Boone and Crockett scoring system (308 points after deductions). Antlers must dry for 60 days before they can be officially scored. If the score stands, it will eclipse Jimmie Garrett’s 2001 state record elk that scored 290 4/8.

"Their size, their rack and everything about them is simply awesome," Ratliff said. "They are majestic beasts of the field. They are something to see."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
tratliffelk1.jpg

MY OPINION: Congratulations to him! And not a fence in sight.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

thats a great story. i hope the reintroduction program works as well as they are planning

Yeah, Elky...he's also wearing old-school woodland camo. That's SO passe.
rolleyes.gif
Someone should teach him how REAL hunters equip themselves.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Tim, I doubt the herd will get much bigger than it is now simply because of politics. WV is allowing their hunters to shoot them on sight (which is their choice when they cross the state line), and starting this year KY hunters can kill them outside of the so-called "protection" area. Couple that with the worries about crop damage if they expand, etc., etc. I doubt it'll ever be more than a token herd. But I might be wrong!
confused.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back