This stinks...

Mossy-Back

About two weeks until the season opens. Ordered a new one, but have a backup string to use for now. I looked the bow tips over and couldn’t find any sharp edges that would have caused this.
D2CBAE7E-F161-44D7-BCE1-82D3A12D6490.jpeg

Not sure it's typically but could you have the end loops served like they do on a compound? The only broken end loops I've seen havent been served. I don't know if it could be done on a trad bow but it sure helps protect the loop.

Also from where it cut it looks like it might have been cut on the outside of the string when you were handling the bow and when you fired it probably snapped completely. But who knows.

Unless it's a new string it is probably just wore out I always have a spare on hand because I have had several break over the years and it is always a loop that gives out.

Endless loop strings are relatively easy to make once you figure things out. Unless you’re partial to Flemish twist strings.

This string was new as of May this year. I like the Flemish twist strings. Seem to be quieter. I contacted the maker (Stealth Bow Strings) and he is making me a new one with reinforced loops and cutting me a good deal.

Reactions: ZBB
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back