This is what I would do if I drew a sheep tag.

Missed this the first time around. Great hunt and ram. I agree with you on the euro. I have yet to let my taxidermist saw the horns off the skull of the ram I killed in 2016.

Gorgeous ram. A big congrats from me. It's interesting teejay89 talked to you, and I actually saw you headed into your camp. Wished I would have been closer than a hand wave. I'll be in touch after I draw. mtmuley
It is too bad we didn’t run into each other on the trail. I hope you do get ahold of me when you draw this year. It was fun visiting with teejay89 and his buddy. They were oozing enthusiasm. I’m glad they had a great hunt. I’m sure they earned it with effort.

It is too bad we didn’t run into each other on the trail. I hope you do get ahold of me when you draw this year. It was fun visiting with teejay89 and his buddy. They were oozing enthusiasm. I’m glad they had a great hunt. I’m sure they earned it with effort.
teejay is slowly recapping the hunt in the Live Hunt threads. mtmuley

Really cool mount! Congrats on a great hunt and thanks for sharing!

Congratulations!! Just curious. What unit were you hunting a friend of mine has a 680 ram tag and we’re just nosing around for extra info.

Since this old bone was dug up recently and since I just got the mount back from the taxidermist. Here it is. My son, now graduated from high school made the table his junior year in shop class just for the skull mount. I wasn’t sure I would ever have it mounted but after almost 2 years I decided to go ahead and have a pedestal mount done. The table works great as a pedestal as well. Having the mount vs. the skull really brings back the memories of the 3 encounters I had with the ram when I didn’t shoot him. It also really brings closure to the whole sheep hunt experience. I’m very grateful to have had the opportunity. The pencil sketch was done by a local guy. I saw it on display just after I shot the sheep and bought it from the guy.
65B1B88D-D887-4B61-886A-8947BCCC790D.jpeg

Back