• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

This Is Not,,,,

Hunterman

,,,My year to get a deer I'm guessing :mad: I still can't believe that I missed again yeaterday :mad: 35-40 yards away, walking away from me, put the crosshairs on the base of his head and neack, squeeze off and he tuns and goes into the brush :eek: The bad part of all this is the shots have been easy one to make :confused:

Oh well two more days to go....

Hunterman(Tony)

Horn Seeker

Put the crosshairs right on his TAIL!! Bigger Target!!

I commonly miss head shots too, not sure why? I missed a bull a couple years ago, all I could see was his head, about 80 yards, decent rest. Nothing. Missed a doe at about that same distance several years ago. Oh well. No foul, no harm.

Good Luck

Hunterman

About 95% of my shots are in the head or neck, on both deer and elk...Thats out of 9 elk( one body shot) and 100 deer...Now don't get me wrong,,a body shot is a damn good killing shot...I just hate to track..Kind of lazy that way I guess

We saw a few deer today, and I told myself to shoot for the lungs,,,then we saw deer and the rifle went straight for the head
all does..( note to self: carry screw in antlers into the woods ;) )

So far the score stands in the Hunterman camp at

Shooter deer 4 Huntermans camp 0 (1 tree :D damned oxygen maker)

Hunterman(Tony)