Yeti GOBOX Collection

This ever happen to you?

Danvet

Sunday I was out calling all alone on my first stand. Howled a couple of times and then squalled on the Burnham Bros. I see a coyote approaching from about 1/2 mile, no wait, it's two, no wait, it's three, no wait, it's four!!! When they're at about 75 yards, one gets a little suspicious. I figure it's time to take him and let's see what develops after that. I squeeze the trigger on the Rock River and CLICK (the sound was deafening)!! Instead of hitting the assist, I start jacking shells out into the snow, coyotes start running, I start picking up shells and trying to load them back into the clip with frozen fingers-coyotes get away with no shooting taking place. That will piss a fella off butit was quite the experience. I've called in 5 before but got 2-never let that many get away without even increasing their heartbeat!!!

Cool experience. When coyote hunting I've never called a coyote in that I saw none the less 5 of the varmits. The best I did one day was called in 8 cow elk on a wounded rabbit call.

Danvet, always fun to call in multiples. the most I ever called in was six. Was east of Bend and was just below a rim calling into the canyon. All six showed up on the rim spread out about 20-30 yards apart. Was a little scarry to see actually. Didn't get one, couldn't get turned around far enough to shoot without spooking them. I have called in deer and elk, but the strangest one so far was a pair of nice tom turkeys. Absolutley no idea why they came to a rabbit distress call, and they came from well over 600 yards away.

a sad day indeed

# at once is our best, lucky enough to kill just two of them. I've never had any mor that that...I can only guess after wetting myself I would miss every damn one of them, kind of luck I seem to have on a regular basis :(

Attachments

• 0917081128[1].JPG
    0917081128[1].JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 187
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back