This can help your cold butts

Sagebrush1

I just finished a Whitetail hunt in WY. It was very snowy and very cold. We hunt them like Elk or Mulies - lots of glassing. Don’t know if that’s the best approach, I’m only a couple years into Whitetail - but that’s not germane to this discussion of cold butts.

We did use, for the first time, the Crazy Creek Hex 2.0 chair. Holy crap, how have I survived all these years without this thing? If you hunt out west and spend a lot of time glassing, it is worth every penny of the $75 it cost.

I’m giving props to these guys because this chair is insulated, waterproof, adjustable, and very light. It is a little bulky, but still waaaaay worth packing around all day.

I just finished a Whitetail hunt in WY. It was very snowy and very cold. We hunt them like Elk or Mulies - lots of glassing. Don’t know if that’s the best approach, I’m only a couple years into Whitetail - but that’s not germane to this discussion of cold butts.

We did use, for the first time, the Crazy Creek Hex 2.0 chair. Holy crap, how have I survived all these years without this thing? If you hunt out west and spend a lot of time glassing, it is worth every penny of the $75 it cost.

I’m giving props to these guys because this chair is insulated, waterproof, adjustable, and very light. It is a little bulky, but still waaaaay worth packing around all day.

Need a sleeping mat and this chair looks awesome for hours of glassing and the bigger version says it may be used for a mat… I’m tired of adding more weight to my pack, pre harvest, but this looks very nice and at 1lb. might be well worth the investment…

Most of us western guys carry a chunk of sleeping pad. I even used a piece of insulation from a Hello Fresh box.

Those Crazy Creek chairs are nice and not too heavy so I'd say go for it and with the back you can really get comfortable.

Yah I’ve been using the foam pads forever, this solves all the problems I had with them. I bought the new chair that doubles as a sleeping pad (with the longer bottom), and it effectively adds another layer under your butt. You can adjust the side straps so the back angle can change too.

I tried one of those “glassing chairs” with the little legs last year, and that thing is a death trap. Ha.

I got a Purple cushion for my sore ass and was trying to come up with a field cover.
Problem solved with this chair.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back