Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Thinking AK...

HAHA.. the Elk boys.... YOU know that I'm the first to throw out a Ill Witted humor. BUT, Hunting comes first !!! Call it buisness or not
wink.gif

I refer to you guys as the 2 old men on the muppets.
biggrin.gif

T-bone. We got room for ya. If you're serious. We want it to be just the 2 of us and maybe a friend or two but not alot of people. This trip is about scoring GAME !!
wink.gif
I already hit Warren up with it and his dad, but $$ is the issue, like it always is with life
frown.gif

I'm still planning a 'bou hunt with the gang here in '04, keep that in mind T-bone.
tongue.gif

Hey Moosie, I know it is still nearly two years until the 'bou hunt, but has anything been put together yet? location, outfitter, time of year, etc...

Thats a scary thought Oscar hunting in the bush. Lets hope we dont see any pan pics
smile.gif

When you come up damn right we will have a beer.

MTmiller, I'm working on that plan right now. I'm having a hard time planning too many trips and Ballencing it all . I should use my wife becasue She's more prganised, but then she'd know all my plans
smile.gif
smile.gif
I'll fill you in soon or more on our BEAR hunt !!!

LBG, sounds good, I'll have the BOW in the bush when I go, so I'll be less harmfull then with a gun
wink.gif
BUT, I'll need to share a beer with ya !!! Keep in touch !!

I was looking at tony. Bill recomends him and a topic is here : http://www.huntandlodge.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000052

His price is good for 'bou but I'm poor boy and $9,800 for a moose is WAY WAY out of my leage. Heck I can fly into Russia and kill a fetching HUGE ol' Brown bear for way less then that. So I'm still looking. I've talked to Ovis who has been helpfull and I'm looknig to call Alaskan (KEN) here in about 10 mins.

Joel, you';ve hunted with Ovis (JIM) for them mountain critters right ? Well he lives here 30 mins from me now.

Anyways.. thats where I'm at. Unfortunately I can hunt Africa and shoot 12 critters and go for 2 weeeks for the prie of one Fuggin Mopose guided in AK. I just don't get it.
fight.gif

So dont go guided. Youve taken care of elk in the field, moose isnt any different except a little bigger. Or just go with caribou and if the oppurtunities arises shoot a moose. Some outfitters dont charge for an extra animal as long as its legal.

For a non-res, bills recommendation sounds good especially the fact that they offer the camp gear on there unguided hunts. Although I'm sure they charge a pretty penny to fly out a moose in the cubs.

That was a deal back then. I called Tony today and sounded like $1,500 which isn't bad either but then the odds of a moose in that area are slim to none. He said bears aren't really in that area either. So for a first time experience with AK and just going for 'bou it sounds good. but for bou a drop camp is 5k with him and a guided 9.8k

Moosie,
If you go guided, the price depends mostly on where. Some units have better trophy potential than others. All moose producing units can grow 70 inch bulls potentially. Some have room for more than others.

If you get dropped off your hunt cost will be driven by the number of trips your plane makes. Air time is hourly. Rates depend on the size of the aircraft. If you go out on say, a caribou hunt but with a pocket full of tags for other critters and you end up filling those additional tags you will incur extra airlift.

The Tanana Flats area south of Fairbanks has the highest moose densities in the state right now and we're having a relatively easy winter so far. No caribou to speak of but better than average odds for a 60 inch or better bull.

If you want the combo then the Lake Iliamna/Mulchatna area is the way to go.

Decent numbers of wolves and blackies in both areas

If you intend to fly in better book before mid feb.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-29-2003 17:58: Message edited by: Erik in AK ]</font>

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back