They call me Mr. 10

trophy_killer

Well as some of you know I have been working out pretty hard this year to get into shape. I was packing around a nice keg and was thinking it was time for a change. So I made a few changes and to what I ate, started lifting weights, and started running. Well today after 5 1/2 weeks of doing this stuff (around 4 were when I was totally focused) I'm almost what I consider 'ideal', in my own eyes.

I'm down to a good size (5'10, 165) and I have gotten a lot more muscle mass on me. So I thought it would be cool to take a body fat test. I had to punch in a bunch of info and measure a ton of parts of my body (no jokes!). Well when it was all said and done, I came out to be a nice trim 10.09% body fat. My goal now is go just stay this size and weight but just to tone up my body a little bit more.
hump.gif

Okay thanks for letting me express my happiness! LOL

I feel like I'll be able to outrun ELKCHSR when and if I ever get to go hunting with him! :D

I think the Average "MAN" is around 26% Body fat.... Chicks are in the 32% range.

Dang Youth... All Skin and Bones and 10 Seconds in the sack ;)

Kudos TK, Let's see the 6 pack stomach !!

Peak for a male is between 8-12% if I'm not mistaken. I did this water displacment thing in high school that tests for body fat percentage and ended up with a 3.6%. I had to have a doctors note to wrestle my sophmore year. Last winter, my frshman year of college I was tested again using some electronic things they stick on parts of the body and was at 8 point something or another. Not too shabby considering my diet consisted of Honey Brown, chips and cheese, and cheese burgers. Keep active and your metabolism will stick in gear.

average is 15% according to this big long test i did. thats the only part that needs working on...the top 4 are starting to show through, just gotta work on the bottom half. ill post a pic when it looks good though

Way to go TK...You keep that up and I just might help you pack out my elk :D ...Keep up the good work...

Hunterman(Tony)

I got ya beat. Mine is 60% and growing, your still messing around at 10% I don't think you can catch me.

Congrats on the body fat.

Bunch depends on other factors which include bone density, age, etc. Thier simple version is a comparison of girth around the midsection weighed against girth around the wrist joint then cranked into a math formulae. TKs average is for the young, lean and mean rather than the average cromagnon apesquat which is around 23 percent. The 26 to 30 percent for ladies is fairly average. Moose man from your pics I would guess you are at about 24 percent using the wrist versus waist calculation. Hey think positive! What if the sole measure were using what's between your ears? See; could be much worse!! :D Good show TK!

Ooooooh! Girrrrrthy! I can just see that dunce on that hotdog commercial! :D

I have lost some this summer...about 20 pounds all total. I still have a little way to go in getting the spare tire back up on my shoulders where it came from. At a little over 6'3", I'd look like a holocaust victim at the weight the charts call for. For now, I'm happy with the 250-260 range...with a little shape shifting it suits my frame size well. And at my age, I'm not trying to impress anyone but myself. :D And I don't want to bulk up too much...I have enough trouble finding clothes to fit as it is. One small problem...I haven't figured how to lose the fat between my ears! :D

The thread-killer himself,

-Rogue-

That specific underwater gravity test is really neat. Your "fat"actually floats giving you a bouyancy which provides pretty much "zero" weight for the fat that is floating and then the weight of the lean muscle and bone is calculated. I had a kid who went a little over 300 who was a USAF Buck Sergeant who we did the thing on to qualify him for reinlistment. He passed. It was the first time the technique was used by the USAF and we did a ton of paperwork to get it done to keep him on board. He was a big-un! On a week-end of forced exercise though he could lose as much as 50 pounds. He played for the Bengals for two years before he enlisted. :D

Yeah at 45 I've just become a little too short for my weight is all....congrats TK on your
dedication. I hope to find mine before it becomes deadication.... ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back