Theron Optics/Predator Optics

Ben Lamb

I spent a lot of time looking through Nikon's, Vortex, Leupold, etc and had an idea of what I was looking for, which was glass above their paygrade. I just couldn['t find what I was looking for locally, even though I did see a lot of great bino's.

Did a lot of research online from the birding forums, etc, and Theron consistently ranked high on the scale of quality, affordable glass. So, after all that, I ordered a pair of the Theron Wapiti APO-ED's (10x42) from Schmalts on a leap of blind faith.

Got 'em today. Clarity, ease of focus, nice features like the locking ring on the diopter abound. I'll take them out later for some low light evaluation, but so far, I'm pretty impressed.

As always, great customer service from Predator Optics as well.

Thanks Pat!

Went up into the South Hills last night at dusk and had no problem picking out items in low light. Great definition and light transmission.

Fantastic glass for a great price.

+1

bought the theron wapiti 10x42's this past winter. great glass for those that don't want to spend big bucks.

TLC

Have you had them out in the rain, snow and cold? Just curious how they perform under those conditions and looking for feedback from someone that's been there. Thanks.

I have had nothing but good luck with Theron optics at all times of the year. Quality and price, you can't beat it! Thanks Pat!

Ordered a pair yesterday! Pat at Predator Optics couldn't have been more helpful and I can't wait to check out the new glass!!!!

Bought a pair of Theron Wapiti APO-ED from "Idahotrophyhunter" from another forum and they arrived at my house today. Can't wait to get home and check them out! They've only been in the field for 1 week and he sold them to me shipped for $250. He said he got the opportunity to buy a buddies pair of swaro's and he couldn't pass it up.

I had a pair of the Wapiti APO ED 10's waiting on me when I got home from vaca. So far I am thrilled with them both in broad daylight and right at dark. Very surprised with the clarity and brightness in low light. Haven't had them out in weather yet (they are less then a week old!) Seemed heavy, but I am telling myself its just 'cause they are rugged haha. Sept. can't come soon enough.

Schmaltz was AWESOME to work with. Got the order confirmation/tracking number in a matter of hours. More importantly, he was very willing to share his experience and advice. Very much appreciated.

A+ on the binos
A+++++ on the customer service

Future customer for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back