• Not yet

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • What's an outdoor show

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Only in Utah

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

SFC B

After the last few years of the Sportsmen's show in Denver descending straight into the toilet there is a new show coming in April. The Mile High Hunt and Fish expo is coming to the Gaylord hotel complex east of the city. This solves the "i hate driving and parking in Denver" problem for me as well as having a venue with actual restaurants to eat in. What has really peaked my interest and swayed me to wait for the new one are some of the exhibitors already listed.....Caribou, Davis Tents, Maven, Leica, Kuiu, Kifaru and Outdoorsmen (packs etc).

Would this be similar to the expo thing they do for TAC where they have vendors? When I read this, I thought you might have been referring to the Meat Eater one in Denver they had last week or so ago.

Interesting... I like the non-downtown idea for sure. Plus that venue is pretty great. I'll give it a shot

I think Phil was on KifaruCast discussing this with Synder. Seemed to be a pretty solid option that he’s put together if it’s the same one?

When I used to dream of hunting, I went, when I went on hunts I realized I was on my dream hunt :unsure:
Why go
I have to say that over the years I go to talk to outfitters as I plan long term for one specific hunt, but mostly to see the displays and bunches of new/better equipment. Also, I have found there are some very good deals as well (discounts from Davis and Caribou specifically).

I have to say that over the years I go to talk to outfitters as I plan long term for one specific hunt, but mostly to see the displays and bunches of new/better equipment. Also, I have found there are some very good deals as well (discounts from Davis and Caribou specifically).
Yes, me also I go for gear information/displays and deals.

The last time I went to the Gaylord we had to pay over $20 to park!. Therefore parking is still a problem.

Hello all, I saw this post and had to chime in! My name is Abe. Phil and I are the owners of the Mile High Hunt & Fish Expo.

I am happy to see community talk regarding this expo because that's EXACTLY what this is, an expo for Hunters and Anglers by Hunters and Anglers. This is for Colorado, for you, for me and everyone else who shares the passion of the outdoors.

Colorado deserves this, and we NEED a place to bring all of our conservation organizations together to UNITE and fight back. We must preserve our heritage and rights. Hence, we have added a "Townhall " meeting aspect to our expo for everyone to get involved and get informed.

I want to be clear in sharing our vision with a new Hunting and Fishing expo in Colorado. Capped numbers of VETTED and reference checked outfitters. This is NOT an outfitter show. We are working very hard to bring back manufacturers (Maven, Leica, Zeiss, Kuiu, FirstLite, Dave Smith Decoys, Outdoor Edge, Kifaru, Higdon decoys, Thunder Beast Suppressors etc), real entertainment, Hunting and fishing talent, quality film festival, seminars, waterfowl/turkey/elk calling contest with REAL sizable cash prizes, the newest Hunting and Fishing gear/technology....and most importantly, NO B.S.

We are not allowing trinkets and flea market style vendors, if it doesn't pertain to Hunting or Fishing and is not something you would/could use in the outdoor world, we DO NOT allow it.

It is our goal to bring you all the best Hunting and Fishing expo experience you've ever had. This is not a money grab for Phil and myself, we have successful business's of our own. We are creating a Premium Hunting and Fishing Expo opportunity in Colorado like nothing you've ever seen before because there is a necessity for it.

Between Phil and myself, we have long standing experience in: Long range Hunting and shooting, Bow hunting and muzzleloader Hunting on the big game side. Strong understanding and experience in waterfowl, upland and turkey Hunting. As well as fresh water fishing, tournament fishing, ice fishing and fly fishing. We truly believe it takes people who have and still regularly hunt and fish a wide array of ungulates, birds and fish to qualify as people who should start a Hunting and Fishing expo.

If you have any questions or would like to share your thoughts, please reach out to me at: [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post!image001 (1).png

Gooooooo Utah! 😂 Love me some dazzle rhinestone jeans and cougars on the prowl.

Hello all, I saw this post and had to chime in! My name is Abe. Phil and I are the owners of the Mile High Hunt & Fish Expo.

I am happy to see community talk regarding this expo because that's EXACTLY what this is, an expo for Hunters and Anglers by Hunters and Anglers. This is for Colorado, for you, for me and everyone else who shares the passion of the outdoors.

Colorado deserves this, and we NEED a place to bring all of our conservation organizations together to UNITE and fight back. We must preserve our heritage and rights. Hence, we have added a "Townhall " meeting aspect to our expo for everyone to get involved and get informed.

I want to be clear in sharing our vision with a new Hunting and Fishing expo in Colorado. Capped numbers of VETTED and reference checked outfitters. This is NOT an outfitter show. We are working very hard to bring back manufacturers (Maven, Leica, Zeiss, Kuiu, FirstLite, Dave Smith Decoys, Outdoor Edge, Kifaru, Higdon decoys, Thunder Beast Suppressors etc), real entertainment, Hunting and fishing talent, quality film festival, seminars, waterfowl/turkey/elk calling contest with REAL sizable cash prizes, the newest Hunting and Fishing gear/technology....and most importantly, NO B.S.

We are not allowing trinkets and flea market style vendors, if it doesn't pertain to Hunting or Fishing and is not something you would/could use in the outdoor world, we DO NOT allow it.

It is our goal to bring you all the best Hunting and Fishing expo experience you've ever had. This is not a money grab for Phil and myself, we have successful business's of our own. We are creating a Premium Hunting and Fishing Expo opportunity in Colorado like nothing you've ever seen before because there is a necessity for it.

Between Phil and myself, we have long standing experience in: Long range Hunting and shooting, Bow hunting and muzzleloader Hunting on the big game side. Strong understanding and experience in waterfowl, upland and turkey Hunting. As well as fresh water fishing, tournament fishing, ice fishing and fly fishing. We truly believe it takes people who have and still regularly hunt and fish a wide array of ungulates, birds and fish to qualify as people who should start a Hunting and Fishing expo.

If you have any questions or would like to share your thoughts, please reach out to me at: [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post!View attachment 309032
Welcome to HT. Good luck w your expo.

I've been to a few small outdoor shows and a bunch of agriculture trade shows. I like the sounds of this one NOT being random vendors and a flea market. I quit going to the local ag show because unless you were looking for a new insurance man, vinyl siding for your house or renovating your bathroom, there was less and less to see every year.

@AvidHunterAbe you seem like a good guy and I genuinely wish you well. However, if you’d consider banning Aron Snyder I think that would be good for credibility. Probably tough since they’re a sponsor.

Curious what that is? I’m not up to date on the hunting community outside of ht
Largely in jest, though he is among the absolute worst I have been aware of in terms of killing large numbers of animals 100% for content. At least in the western hunting/equipment/influencer realm.

@AvidHunterAbe you seem like a good guy and I genuinely wish you well. However, if you’d consider banning Aron Snyder I think that would be good for credibility. Probably tough since they’re a sponsor.
We've taken a unity approach. There are alot of egos, opinions and infighting in the hunting and fishing community. That will be checked at the door. We have zero tolerance for the drama that has divided our community and with the ballot initiatives that threaten hunting, we are changing the divided tone to one solid group, with a mutual goal in mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back