PEAX Equipment

The Whisker Bisquit

danr55

I just read about these and would sure like to know if anyone has tried it. I am constantly knocking arrows off of the rest and this looks like it was made for a klutz.
:cool:

I've been eyeing one of these babys up for about a year and a half and still haven't got around to putting one on...

I just put one on yesterday and had to wait til this morning for my arrows. I shot about 30 times through it with no complaints, I know that is not a fair assesment, but so far I love the darn thing. You cannot make the arrow fall off the rest. I am a klutz in that manner also Dan. I don't know how many times this year I knocked my arrow off the rest while drawing back. Someone should have been there with a camera to catch me sticking my tounge out trying to put it back on!! :D I had my buddy shoot about a dozen through it so I could stand behind and watch the flight. As far as I could tell the whiskers do not interfere with the flight at all. The guy at the bow shop told me I may see a 2-4 ft per second slow down in my arrow speed, but that doesn't bother me since I am not a speed freak. I would rather have a slower quieter bow. The new donniker stabilizer helped that a lot.
They also told me that helical fletched arrows were not recomended for the whisker biscut rest, so if you shoot a fixed blade broadhead you may want to see how it flies with straight fletching before changing to it.

thanks for the tip steve. since I just invested about $150 in arrows that are ALL helically fletched, I guess I'll stick with the rest I've got.
:cool:

If you fletch with feathers I don't think that you'd have a problem with a helical fletch. Feathers are very forgiving. Also, if you check out Cabelas or any others you'll see that there are many different gadgets to help hold your arrow on while shooting shoot-through rests.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-19-2002 21:44: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

I have been shooting this rest for a couple weeks now and so far I really like it. This one makes no noise and holds the arrow perfectly. I have not noticed any interference with the fletchings, but as I said they are straight.

It is a thumbs up for me.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back