Yeti GOBOX Collection

The Trenches

I wake up every morning to our son in our bed, usually via a head butt. He cracked me two times this morning really good. He started running into our room at night after we moved last month, but with #2 taking up most of our energy right now, we decided we'll tackle the sleeping full night in his own bed after we have #2's sleeping issues a little more resolved.
Headbutts sound worse then "severe snuggles". Hang in there brother.

my son would never take one. which was weird after my daughter would walk around with one in each hand.
Same deal. My son didn’t care about them at all, and they were all my daughter cared about from about 8 months until we helped her kick the habit at 3 years old. When she was one and a half, I genuinely advocated (with passion and eloquence) to spend $300 on pacifiers and fill the bathtub with them for her for Christmas. No other presents. It would be the best Christmas she ever had.

Those kids aren’t real. My kids are five and seven and we still have to stay in their rooms until they are fully asleep when we put them to bed at night. And since we moved into a new house about a month ago, they’ve been on the floor of my wife’s and my bedroom every night but one. Best sleep I get all year is on hunting trips.
My wife takes up 2/3 of the bed and the 4 year old takes up 2/3 of my 1/3 so now I just go to the kids bed when they crawl into ours.

My wife takes up 2/3 of the bed and the 4 year old takes up 2/3 of my 1/3 so now I just go to the kids bed when they crawl into ours.
I have never slept overnight with one of my kids in bed with me. My wife will let our daughter when I am away hunting or something as a treat, but they both know they don't get to sleep in our bed. Which is nice, but sometimes I think I may have missed out on a small part of something because they will never be little enough to do that again.

I have never slept overnight with one of my kids in bed with me. My wife will let our daughter when I am away hunting or something as a treat, but they both know they don't get to sleep in our bed. Which is nice, but sometimes I think I may have missed out on a small part of something because they will never be little enough to do that again.
You didn’t miss out on anything but restless sleep.

That's what afternoon nap snuggles are for. Cold day, slightly open window, thick blankets, and a hour in the middle of a Saturday. Way better than a full night of restless sleep where you have to work the next day.

I've got three boys, all completely different. 1st one -all out mommas boy. Mom had to feed him, dad wasn't good enough.mom had to put him to sleep, dad wasn't good enough. Mom had to do everything, he wouldn't settle down till Mom was there. Till he started hunting at six years old, then complete 180. 2nd boy complete opposite,he didn't care as long as he was fed, clean, he was happy, didn't care if it was a complete stranger. Third is a mix of the first two. Some nights dad ain't gonna cut it, next night he wants nobody but dad. It's definitely an interesting journey that I wouldn't trade for anything even with the sleepless nights. How my wife did it with the first one for two years is beyond me. Believe me once they start hunting and hanging out with dad in the great outdoors you'll forgive them for the first few years.

Rediscovered this clip 😂

Soooooo efffing glad I will never have to do the newborn phase again!

Those kids aren’t real. My kids are five and seven and we still have to stay in their rooms until they are fully asleep when we put them to bed at night. And since we moved into a new house about a month ago, they’ve been on the floor of my wife’s and my bedroom every night but one. Best sleep I get all year is on hunting trips.
I can relate and agree to every word in this post. Those other kids are $*)Q!#@$ aliens.

My 4 year old just slept in his own bed, for the entire night, for the third night in a row. Hooray! Our toddler figured out he can climb out if his crib and he came and crawled into bed with us. Boooo.

FML.

I just want one night of sleep without an elbow or a heel in my back.

I find being a grandfather to be quite nice. But when the kids ask us to watch the little ones, we do it one day in a row - need recovery after a full day of motion, chasing.

David
NM

Wait til the 2nd one comes...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back