Yeti GOBOX Collection

The quiet season

"Year-round limitless coyote killing does not reduce their numbers"
"Indiscriminate and random coyote killing removes an ecologically important species from the landscape,"

These animals rights groups are always lacking in consistent messaging, but they seem to reach many ignorant ears.

"Further, the quiet season doesn't limit the right of property owners to hunt nuisance coyotes on their land."

Doesn't seem like this ban will have too much teeth considering theb% of privately owned land in MI

I was asked by several hunters with deer leases in Michigan to try and reduce the coyote population on their leases and surrounding areas. They had more yotes per square mile in that area than I've ever seen before. Most of the ones we killed were sick with mange, which if I understand correctly comes from being overpopulated and is a slow, painful , cold, and itchy death. We thinned the numbers down dramatically this past winter and it will be interesting to see if the coyotes are healthier next year. We normally quit yote hunting in March anyway as that's when it's time to get the fishing boat out!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back