Yeti GOBOX Collection

The Old Man and I Do Wyoming

Dear rtraverdavis,

I applaud your choice in terms of priorities as you'll never question your decision of spending more time with your father. Our parents are blessings and sacrifice so much for us...through their care, protection and love. It was great to see you honor your father with an adventure hunt. Deer/elk - though great - come and go but the time afield creating memories with friends and family is truly priceless. Congratulations on creating a special memory with your father that he will treasure forever.

God Bless,
Wayne

Good job! I try to hunt with my dad every fall. My mom once commented: “So you know this intentional time you’re spending with your dad each fall? (Pause) You won’t regret it.”

Great story, there's so much more to hunting than a set of antlers on the wall. The time Ive spent with family in the outdoors is always special

I guess I was on my Montana trip when you posted this up. Sorry I missed it.

Positively awesome story and pictures man!

I am happy that you had this hunt with your dad.

I still dearly miss the days of deer hunting with my dad. He died when he was 50 and our hunting got cut short way too soon. Enjoy it while you still can. I have not shot a muley since 2005 in Wyoming and had trouble finding spots where they were in any significant numbers without crazy hunting pressures. Still want to get another muley while I still can.

Your father-n-son hunting adventure has left me with a lump in my throat. I have missed my father every single day since his passing. The fall is especially hard!

You did good....and those memories will never fade.

Thank You, I enjoyed the read and pics.

I’ve read and reread this post a few times, appreciate it and the memories it creates in my own mind every time I do! Thank you @rtraverdavis
Thanks Marv. My folks actually live right out by you. We’re out staying with them now for the holidays, and I’m sure my kids (well, specifically, my two year old son) are taking years off their lives.

Back