Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The New Truck, Finally

I ordered my Bronco on July 19, 2020. Been waiting almost 2 years. I got my VIN from Ford last month and I got a build date of May 9th. I should take delivery mid-June. FINALLY!

Attachments

• cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpeg
    cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 7
Real nice heavy duty truck ,I don't mind one without all the options either.

Never has a used truck been worth more. As expensive as the new trucks are, they will never be cheaper. It was a a decision to buy a new truck or keep the used one that was still in excellent shape.

With the difference as minimal as it is, I decided to sell my 2012 Ram and order a new Chevy and hope it lasts for another 10-15 years. Who would have ever thought it would be so hard to buy a new truck?

Dealerships don’t seem to care, they can’t get new trucks to save their souls. No deals and no trucks. Even the big stores can’t get anything.

I finally got the local Chevy dealer to slot a new truck that wasn’t loaded with all the options. I got lucky and in January they told me I had an opening to order a less optioned truck and get it into the lineup and get it built.

No promises, but 6 months should be the most I would have to wait. The only problem was to sell my truck and get the most money before it would depreciate. Everything was a gamble, roll the dice.

I sold my truck and got a good price for it, meanwhile in March I got the call my new truck was built. Ahead of schedule, I was happy to hear it was done. It still took over a month to get it on a train and get it shipped to Montana.

Monday I picked it up and am pleased that it really wasn’t 6 months, but actually 3 and I was driving a new truck and my old truck sold easily.

It is Cherry Red Tincoat in color, very close to a candy apple red. The picture from the passenger side is not what the color really looks like, but it is a nice red color.

Now I wait for the first scratch…

View attachment 220797View attachment 220798View attachment 220799

is that a gasser? let me know how you feel about it after a while. Im really interested in that new gasser. Strangely enough i like the look of those trucks a lot.

is that a gasser? let me know how you feel about it after a while. Im really interested in that new gasser. Strangely enough i like the look of those trucks a lot.
i'm about to sell/trade in my 2020 gmc 6.6 gasser and can't really complain about it.

new 7.3 ford gas is in at the dealer just waiting on a gooseneck hitch so i can pick it up next week.

you don't have the immediate torque of a diesel, but the power is there unless you're hauling super heavy, there isn't a def emissions system to deal with, cost is cheaper, starts when i turn the key in the winter i'm really not regretting leaving the diesel world

i'm about to sell/trade in my 2020 gmc 6.6 gasser and can't really complain about it.

new 7.3 ford gas is in at the dealer just waiting on a gooseneck hitch so i can pick it up next week.

you don't have the immediate torque of a diesel, but the power is there unless you're hauling super heavy, there isn't a def emissions system to deal with, cost is cheaper, starts when i turn the key in the winter i'm really not regretting leaving the diesel world
Yea I'm in the same boat. I love diesels and I am seriously considering doing a diesel swap on my 2008 f250. But the v10 just wont die and runs so good. I've been on the fence with a brand new gasser 3/4ton or the diesel swap cause my current truck already has everything else I want in a truck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back