The environmentalists were right again!

Sorry about that, your posts reflect someone who is anti ranching, logging, mining, farming, etc..

Less than 5 percent huh? I recall an earlier post pertaining some discussion on that. Let's try it again. OK Ithaca, if that 5 percent is keeping the population of wildlife down 50 percent of what it could be in that area. Assuming that 5 percent of the cattle is close to 5 percent of the public land they affect. That would make only 2.5 percent or less of your total wildlife affected by it over all. You could focus your attention on many more problems that effect wildlife much more than that.

I never said I was pro cheap fed land grazing. We have to compete with that also. But I thought about that. How about simply put the grazing allotments up for bid every five years and contract it out to the highest bidder.

I got to go, I'll pick up later.

Troy,

Your math is not going to work.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Assuming that 5 percent of the cattle is close to 5 percent of the public land they affect<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those 5% of the cattle on Public Lands are affecting 100% of the land the 5% (actually less than 5%) of the cattle are grazing. Therefore, you math should be the 50% of the Wildlife you want to help multiplied by the 100% of the land, resulting in improvements that would help 50% more wildlife.

Gunner- You don't think I need some moisturizer for those healing wounds??
wink.gif
Also, not 100% of public land is open to livestock.
tongue.gif

I have to question the 5% of production number. That may pertain to the processed cattle last came from, but what about calves?

I would also like to say that all public land is not open to grazing. When did the mill come to Cascade, and when was Cascade founded as Cascade?

TROY, I always hated story problems.
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The problem with some people like welfare ranchers, loggers and miners is that they think they're entitled to live anywhere they want and have the kind of job they want there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The problem with these peolpe is we have to much pride to file bankruptcy and walk away from all the debt we've amasssed by working these careers. Your right we could leave the 62.1% employment-population ratio and increase (by joining) the 6.1% national unemployment.
http://www.bls.gov/cps/home.htm

Bankruptcy would just put the burden of my spending on the shoulders of everyone else. I could go back to college, and be a drain on the limited sources of educational funding, and then look for work just before I reach retirement age. I wouldn't want any of those college loans though, they would only increase my debt load, and I doubt I'd have much of a chance in the job market at my age. What carrer path should I take up IT? Mining, logging, and I'm sure cow farming are not easy career paths. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> According to the latest monthly Bureau of Labor Statistics data, the number of unemployed college graduates has doubled in the past two years. In December 2002, it was 1,120,000, up from 564,000 in December 2000. In contrast, unemployment among those who never went to college rose a relatively more modest 55% over the same period. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/topstory/8103/8103notw5.html
Yep, you can sure go work were you want, when you want. After all this is America, and you have that choice. Tell me how that works again.

"The problem with these peolpe is we have to much pride to file bankruptcy and walk away from all the debt we've amasssed by working these careers."

So these people stay in a dead end job amassing debt and then think they should be allowed to rape the environment so they can keep on amassing debt?
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-11-2003 18:13: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> So these people stay in a dead end job amassing debt and then think they should be allowed to rape the environment so they can keep on amassing debt? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice try IT, but you never addressed the questions put to you. Are you a financial wizard? Tell me then how a man goes from $50,000 - $120,000 a annual income (20 years ago) to $24,000 annual income (20 years ago) with several employment changes in the process without filing bankruptcy, and today still makes about $24,000 a year? When are you going to answer the questions about reeducation and financing? You, who talk so big with ideals, but have no answers. You are a fine gran.....der of topics.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ten, Geez, I've been through something like that. It was tough and I considered moving to where there were other opportunities, but figured out how to create an opportunity where I was. Don't wait another twenty years before you make a change.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back