Terrible gun control bill

220yotekiller

Hey guys, just a heads up. The senate judicial committee approved H.R. 1808, basically it bans the production or selling of most semi auto rifles, shotguns, pistols and any magazine that holds more than 15 rounds. You seriously need to email or call your representitives and tell them to oppose it, this is getting ridiculous. I personally don't hunt with semi auto rifles and shotguns, I have always been better with bolt guns and pumps, but I think that anyone who wants to should be able to own as many as they want.

This here exemplifies the extremes Americans face when confronted with voting. People wonder what is meant by the pendulum effect of politics, why the deep desires of "conservation" unfortunately land second when faced with voting our Red/Blue Representatives into Office.
The extremes swing too far...

Mere political posturing for the election cycle. Happens every two years - the party controlling the house and/or senate trots out a bunch of bills on social hot buttons and "force tough votes" for opponents in swing districts. This bill has zero chance of getting 60 votes, so will never see the floor - but they can then use that cloture vote in campaign ads this fall. All even numbered summer congressional sessions run this way. It is ridiculous, but since we the voters/donators are apparently swayed by fear-based brinksmanship politics they will keep doing it - sigh

Mere political posturing for the election cycle. Happens every two years - the party controlling the house and/or senate trots out a bunch of bills on social hot buttons and "force tough votes" for opponents in swing districts. This bill has zero chance of getting 60 votes, so will never see the floor - but they can then use that cloture vote in campaign ads this fall. All even numbered summer congressional sessions run this way. It is ridiculous, but since we the voters/donators are apparently swayed by fear-based brinksmanship politics they will keep doing it - sigh

And both parties benefit. One side fundraises on "the radical ____ supports this!" All the other fundraises on "The radical ____ doesn't support this!"

And both parties benefit. One side fundraises on "the radical ____ supports this!" All the other fundraises on "The radical ____ doesn't support this!"
Exactly.
The Radical Left and Right.

1566754030318.gif

Don’t vote; it just encourages them.
I have pretty much decided to quit voting. Whatever a candidate tells you to get your vote is forgotton soon as he/she is elected. Democrat or Republican pretty much doesn't matter. I can always tell when election time is near. I finally hear from elected officials wanting me to vote for them and send them money. Told that to a Republican here in Oregon and he simply laughted at me. Politics is about little more than individuals making money! Time goes on I simply get more disgruntled. Will vote for Trump again but that will probably be it. My one vote counts for nothing.

It absolutly is posturing but sometimes i wonder. The way I see it, if they did manage to ban semi autos, it would hurt their pocket book. It is a huge cash cow for them. I highly doubt if it would ever stand up in court, especially with what they have been doing lately. I just don't like for them to think that they can get away with crap like this without reprucussians.

It absolutly is posturing but sometimes i wonder. The way I see it, if they did manage to ban semi autos, it would hurt their pocket book. It is a huge cash cow for them. I highly doubt if it would ever stand up in court, especially with what they have been doing lately. I just don't like for them to think that they can get away with crap like this without reprucussians.

Here's the interesting concept: Picture States voted the majority House and Senate as Blue with a Blue President... Some may think this is not possible though picture a bill of this extreme magnitude under that setting...
Some pander the idea it's merely posturing... It's not. Keep the anti 2A rallied...

Before they try the reset here they will have to remove citizens ability to defend themselves, just like Canada.

First it's the guns then comes the mandatory fertilizer reductions to cut food production.

Before they try the reset here they will have to remove citizens ability to defend themselves, just like Canada.

First it's the guns then comes the mandatory fertilizer reductions to cut food production.

Any thoughts about being proven wrong about the Highland Park shooter's dad or selectively choosing photos of the shooter to fit your hack political narrative? Inquiring minds want to know.

Back