Caribou Gear

Terri Schiavo

If Terry Schiavo can find all of the mispelled words in this thread then she is ok and can live. if not? turn out the lights.

Well, i see what wrogn with it already he go out and replace her, inless was her wishes i doubt , most live without each other for life or be while not after few years geese, anywy i dont know whole story, but its sad no she shouldnt have suffer becosue they can do osmehtin they do osmehtin with alot others lots been on feedin tubes i think theres way always is, inless well i dont think they have starve her lots in ocmas keep on feedin she cant do nothin or let her go , god take her soon or he has a way i prob dont knoow what im talkin about but i tryed, i know some of story but not enough but from what i feel if was my hubby wishes to die but not that way i have just stay by him till doctors deside he do same for me becouse u do respect thier wishes , but they always dont go as u want em if u can do osmehtin baout it u do it, for best or not, way i believe i htink i say htings right i hope :) i sorry hear and hope best if she alive cause of parents keepin her then they let go when they have to a for hubby if he for money that bastrad shall rot in jail , prision actually :D

I would not wish to live if my life was like hers. I don't know what is right or wrong in this case but I am deeply troubled by Congress imposing itself into the situation. They are the legislative branch not the judicial and they should have NO business ever entering into this debate. It appears to me that congress has overstepped their constitutional boundaries and are doing what they accuse the courts of ie. becoming activists.

I don't think her Husband is a saint but that should really have no bearing on the particulars of this case.

I understand her parents emotional attachment to their daughter but wouldn't they want her at peace also? I know I wouldn't want my child to live for 15 months let alone 15 years like Terry has lived. Just my opinion. I don't think there will be by "winners" in this case:(

Nemont

Say you beat your head against the wall and are pretty brain dead. Say your spouse, decides to live with somebody else and have kids with somebody else. Do you want them or your parents to decide, in talking with the doctors, to let you starve or live?

Heck, it seems like a good relevent question to me, with an obvious answer too.

So he was alright to make a decision on her life until he poked another broad? |oo

Well , Tom it parent shwo have rights not the others , if i was to agree with my man havin naother fmaily , in my case like way my parents are i let who i chose ofr him or who we agreed on than my parents some people dont know how parents can be very creul his and mine so parent sout question be my huby who choose for me:) i tryed not to make anyone mad just my opinoin i coulda said it wrong who knows always happens to me :(

Yes, claiming to be married to her and having kids and living with another woman is not right. Choose one or the other. At first, 15 years ago, he was married to her. Now, it seems he is not. Her parents are still the parents.

Its like he has other motives, a conflict of interest. He can't have two wives, that's illegal, he's essentially trying to do that. Bad idea. That's what I'm thinking about this case now. It should be in the hands of the parents, not the husband with new priorities, but its not.

He's more than poked another woman, he's gone off on a life with other priorities, not treating his original wife as a wife. Why is he remaining married to her? Because he wants to see her dead, not because he wants to support her as a wife. Bad idea. If a spouse goes off and lives with another person and wants to committ their ex-spouse to a psychiatric ward, do you think they should be able to do that? It seems like a similar conflict of interest too, to me, if that makes any more sense.

BuzzH said:
Without the feeding tube, she'd be dead, she doesnt even have the brain capacity to swallow food.

Buzz, you think it requires brain capacity alone to swallow food?

As a parent of a child who was fed and given meds thru a feeding tube for some time, I think your comment is insulting. Many people for many reasons are using feeding tubes. Not all of them are brain damaged, physically handicapped, or unable to chew and/or swallow.

I don't understand how people consider that "life support".As Tim pointed out, it's simply a tool.

And for those of you who think it's a good time to make jabs at Terry's condition: How lucky you are that you have never had a friend or family member who is disabled in some way. And are so sure you will never have it touch your life you can be fliipant.

AprilW

Big Horn, you are right, we wouldn't do this to our dogs, because we would go to jail for animal cruelty. I am of the opinion that unless it is writing then "her wishes" mean absolutely squat. You gotta have some proof other than a hubby who has shacked up with another woman.

They should just come in and give her lethal injection. It would be faster and make the point that it is now the politically correct thing to do, putting these people to death to rid society of them and the burden they create. Next should be the older people and others born with defects.

Well, my dad starved to death 7 years ago. He was very independent and always said to let him out as fast as possible but never let him lay in a hospital bed waiting for the inevitable. He got real sick and asked his doctor to help him out. The doc said it was not legal but that no one could make him eat and drink. That was the last time he ate or drank. I sat 24/7 with him and can tell you that with proper drugs there is no suffering involved. I agree with Buzz and if Dubya keeps this fundamental bullshit politics and pro immigration crap up the repubs can KMA. Keep big brother dem or repub out of my life! My last dog was given a shot by a damn good lookin vet and I want to look her up when my time comes.

I think it is ridiculous that the whole thing has been blown out of porportion by the media!

This happens every day throughout the country to someone and their family. What's the difference? NO NEWS MEDIA!

I personally would not want to lie there for that length of time, put my family through that or the financial burden.

So I tend to agree with Kurt...use a mallet.

My mother inlaw had a heart attack and slipped into a coma, [1999] by the time she was found ......after 2 weeks in the I.C. the doctors said she wouldn`t get any better abnd recomended pulling the plug. but she would wake up and look at us from time to time... she had a tube the size of a garden hose down her throat and seemed to be gag/choking on it all of the time.. she was extremley distressed... but anyway she is living/walking just fine w/medication today.. so i wonder how many people die on the "ill' advise of doctors..... but in shiavo`s case it looks bleek and i don`t like the starving issue at all. Its easy for us to be uncompassionate when we have no emotional involvement [ i`m guilty]

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back