Tents!

Ozarkshunter95

Im looking for some info on one - two man tents med to low price ranges for a backcountry hunt most specifically Wyoming mule deer rifle season

Check out Alps Mountaineering. I see them on camo fire every now and then for a decent price.

That will be around your budget and are a decent tent. There is much nicer out there, but it does the job IMHO.

Used a $250 Alps Mountaineering, spent a night in 50 knot wind with gust of 70 knots, fairly comfortably. would highly recommend it, and probably won't ever buy another brand of tent.

I've used a 3p marmot limelight for the last 3 years. I like it. Goes up fast and it's comfortable with 2 people. Split between 2 people the weight isn't bad, but it's heavy if you're by yourself.
A friend of mine has this tent and we’ve used it a couple of times. I really liked it. Roomy for two, plus two doors and vestibules.

I like my Nemo Dragonfly 2P. You might want a 3P for two people.

Might want to look into a 3p tent, with hunting out of it and having gear if your planing on wanting it in the tent or vestible. Seems like most 2p tents on the market dont have a lot of margin for gear.This can be nice to have if you get weathered in for any amount of time. But comes at a weight cost.

On another note as far as features, I personally am not a fan of tents that the rain fly sets up after the tent get erected. When pitching in heavy rain, the inside of the tent get soaked before you can get the fly on it. In high wind situations the rain fly's seem to turn into sails. But this request also seems to increase to cost. Just my 2c

Try Campsaver.com, they have a bunch of tent brands and always have deals going on. Sometimes you can find great deals on the higher end brands like Big Agnes, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear but those go quick! Pay attention to the tent design as they can be more roomy if configured well. Also, for 2 people I'm a BIG fan of 2 doors.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back