Tent Options for Under $200

rjthehunter

I've been searching for a good tent for under $200 if possible. I've got a few I'm looking at, Kelty grand mesa ($150), Teton sports mountain ultra ($135), and the Winterail 3 person ($90). The kelty and teton look like good tents, the winterail has me a little curious based off it's price. It will have 1 or 2 people in it, so either a 2 or 3 person tent. I'd like to have room to bring the packs in but it's not a necessity. Lightweight and quick to setup is what I'm looking for. I know for under $200 I'm not going to get the best, but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks for that price range.

I’ve been really happy with my alps tents. I believe the 3 person zephyr is under $200 on amazon. I use the 1.5 mystique a lot and love it. Have camped in the snow multiple times and never had an issue.

Attachments

• D66D3A34-2E79-4EA7-B97C-19351F3DA3DA.jpeg
    D66D3A34-2E79-4EA7-B97C-19351F3DA3DA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
You can get an REI tent for around $200, especially when they are on sale. That’s what I use. Love it.

I’ve been really happy with my alps tents. I believe the 3 person zephyr is under $200 on amazon. I use the 1.5 mystique a lot and love it. Have camped in the snow multiple times and never had an issue.
+1
g.png

Okay, so I'm between the Zephyr and the Mystique. Both in a 2 person size. What makes he Mystique $165 whereas the Zephyr is only $90? They're almost the same weight, 2 OZ difference

I don’t rember off the top of my head, I believe the zephyr has a bigger fly and more poles. Amazon has the breakdown of weight and pack down size. The 1.5 mystique I can get down to the size of a tall Nalgene.

You can find some pretty sweet deals on here from guys upgrading under the classifieds. I check it probably once a week you never know what could pop up.......

I had a clip flashlight for a while, dang near everyone has. I'd buy Randy's for $75 over a new cheap one.

I picked up a Marmot Limelight 3P a few years ago for $121 on backcountry.com.
it’s been a great tent, especially at that price.

I was just looking to buy this, want sure how it's hold up in snow. I heard people say it should be called a two season not a three season.

What temps have you been in in this tent?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back