Yeti GOBOX Collection

Tenacious Tape for a rip in rain gear or Aqua Seal or something else?

sacountry

Looking for a solution for my Kuiu Chugach rain gear. I ripped it over the weekend and will need it for my hunt this upcoming weekend. Who's done a DIY home repair that works? What did you use?

Tenacious Tape has held up great on my puff coat. I use it for pretty much everything including fishing so it’s gotten damp plenty of times. No issues with the tape coming off. Not sure how well it works for waterproofing though. Aqua seal will definitely waterproof it but it might not be too comfortable since it hardens.

Tenacious Tape has held up great on my puff coat. I use it for pretty much everything including fishing so it’s gotten damp plenty of times. No issues with the tape coming off. Not sure how well it works for waterproofing though. Aqua seal will definitely waterproof it but it might not be too comfortable since it hardens.
That was my concern with the aqua seal. It's a 3" vertical by 3" horizontal tear near the elbow. Didn't want that to be stiffened by the Aqua Seal. Wondering how rigid the Tenacious Tape is and if it should be apply to both the inside and outside of the tear.

That was my concern with the aqua seal. It's a 3" vertical by 3" horizontal tear near the elbow. Didn't want that to be stiffened by the Aqua Seal. Wondering how rigid the Tenacious Tape is and if it should be apply to both the inside and outside of the tear.
I haven’t bothered with both sides. It’s super flexible/soft to the point that I don’t ever notice it.

I used tenacious tape to fix a broken fishing rod well enough to keep fishing and catch an 18.5 inch trout. It’s good stuff.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back