Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ten Bears buys an elk tag

Ten Bears

Due to circumstances beyond my ATV riding control, I was forced to but [buy] an elk tag for a spike bull elk. Photos to follow.

[ 10-19-2004, 08:49: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]

So..... Wasn't it you that was gonig to teach Fish and game a lesson by not buying tags ?!?! MAybe It wasn't ;)

At any rate, Kudos on your critter !!!!!looking foward to Pics from ya !

MOOSIE, I wasn't gonna buy a tag until I was sure I had a critter to hang it on. Well, I found just the critter. :D :D :D

My statement was that I would no longer buy tags that I wouldn't be using..... In this instance, I found an elk to use a tag on so I did have a use for an elk tag. Therefore, I bought an elk tag to use. :D :D :D

FWIW, no sage brush was trampled in the killing or loading of the elk. :rolleyes: Because there was no sage brush around :D

[ 10-19-2004, 09:21: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]

No matter how I say it, others will read it the way that they want too, but as I said:
I found an elk to use a tag on so I did have a use for an elk tag. Therefore, I bought an elk tag to use.
On the elk I had found. I found the herd of elk, bought an elk tag, then used the tag on the elk I shot. :D :D :D

WOW.. For you to spend all that money it must have been a nice one !!!!!!

I understood it as ya shot one then went back to buy a tag, but I'm not one to call someone out ;)

Still waiting for the pics ......

MOOSIE, I shot a spike, and my freind had a digital camera. I'm waiting for him to email me the photos. I'm gonna post them as soon as I get them, but I'll probably have to send them through you for everyone to see. No matter how I say it, there will be those here that will read it just as you understood it. I'm getting to old to be called out. ;) :D :D

So.... You shot a Spike ? AND had a tag.... WOW !!!! :D :D

Send them to me I'll post 'um, But I'm leaving tomorrow again for 4 days to chase my spike

I'm still waitin' for him to email me the pics. Probably wont get them until this weekend (woulda been quicker to have had film developed). :rolleyes:

Finally got them in.
It took so long for my help to find me that I had it all skinned and ready to go before they got there.
206232250HIhPBq_ph.sized.jpg

The guy in the pictures is my helper. He wanted the head and hide to sell.
206232858eMuzrz_ph.sized.jpg

206233495DhbXQi_ph.sized.jpg

Here's a shot of the head and hide loaded on his ATV, and ready to head to market. :D :D
206234530UygPVF_ph.sized.jpg

[ 10-27-2004, 08:15: Message edited by: Moosie ]

I had to click on properties of each one and cut and paste the url, then, after I did and went back to the thread, they showed up. Dont know why.

Your fly is open.

Congrats!

Thanx.

It's a good eating elk too. The funniest part about the whole thing is that he was hanging out with some open range beef. 1 spike elk and about 12 beef. :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back