Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tell me what tire chains to buy. Again...

I have the v-bars style as well. You can easily look up actual chain on a site such as this … Tire Chains-Best Snow Chains-TireChains.com.

I have yet to use mine, but they are with me whenever I head west. Just be careful that you have adequate clearance. I have to use wheel spacers to get the wheel away from brake lines, etc.
I'm not tracking what you guys are saying about adequate clearance. I have a 2014 2500 ram, no lift. I'm thinking i would have enough clearance but no idea if I've got it right or not...would I need these spacers you guys are mentioning?

I have a 2015 RAM 2500, says in the manual no chains up front. Chains in rear are ok. If pickup is stock & you used v bar chains & hit a bump hard I’d imagine the v bar’s would contact wheel wells. The more expensive issue is on the inside of the tire. It would take minimal slack to contact brake lines & other equipment. When I bought my pickup the dealership had a 1-2 year old pickup just like mine up on the rack. Owner had put chains on the front & done $$$ damage to the front end

I'm not tracking what you guys are saying about adequate clearance. I have a 2014 2500 ram, no lift. I'm thinking i would have enough clearance but no idea if I've got it right or not...would I need these spacers you guys are mentioning?
When the tires are turned (i.e. you turn the steering wheel), there is a clearance between the edge of the tire and the wheel well. These clearances can vary by vehicle and tire type, e.g. 1/2”, 2”, etc.

When the tires are turned (i.e. you turn the steering wheel), there is a clearance between the edge of the tire and the wheel well. These clearances can vary by vehicle and tire type, e.g. 1/2”, 2”, etc.
Ah, got it. Now I know what you all mean. Thanks.

I have a 2015 RAM 2500, says in the manual no chains up front. Chains in rear are ok. If pickup is stock & you used v bar chains & hit a bump hard I’d imagine the v bar’s would contact wheel wells. The more expensive issue is on the inside of the tire. It would take minimal slack to contact brake lines & other equipment. When I bought my pickup the dealership had a 1-2 year old pickup just like mine up on the rack. Owner had put chains on the front & done $$$ damage to the front end
Thanks. Good to know. I feel like I should pay you now for the money you just saved me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back