Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Talley One Piece Aluminum Rings/Bases

ludville1

I just ordered a Browning X Bolt, and I am considering the Talley Integrated aluminum rings/bases for it. Anyone have any experience with these, are they good quality? I usually get the Leupold steel dual dovetail rings and bases for my rifles. I will be mounting a Leupold VX-R 3-9x 50mm with a 30mm tube...always with Butler Creek flip open scope covers. Talley lists the 740735 medium height for scopes up to 50mm, and the 750735 high for scopes up tp 56mm. Any advice on which ones to get? Thanks in advance.

Be sure to check the base screws for length and fit. X bolt scope base screws are known to strip easily.

I run them on my X-bolt and have had zero issues. I gave them a try because i was interested in the one piece design and all the reviews I read were positive. I have a hells canyon and could match the cerakote color also.

The Talley lightweight one piece mounts are money. I switched over to them a few years ago and haven't looked back. I don't see any reason to change that in the future.

Have them on my weatherby vanguard and love them. Scope fit really nice and spun freely without any lapping necessary!

Last edited:
Have them on my mz & 30-06.
Zero complaints and great factory service. I had gotten regular med. and needed extended base to get focal zone right on my Zeiss. I called & the guy said they are on their way,just return the others...
I always lap my scope anchors,takes a few minutes.

Yep Talley is what I now put on all my rifles. I use Leupold QR for anything I want to remove the scope on and not worry about changing bullet impact when I put it back on.

If you use a Pic rail it's usually not necessary to lap unless the rings have burrs in the scope tube contact area.
I always lap.

1000% not rude but…..

There no way you can bolt things together and have more than 80% contact right out of the box.

Lapping is cheap insurance for accuracy and not marking up your scope.

Besides, pic rails make it more difficult to load rounds when you have gloves on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back