Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

TAC or MAF?

Watts307

Has anyone shot either or preferably both?

I was planning on attending at least one this year.

TAC seems more popular and bigger production, which makes me think their may be more cons. Prices, people, traffic, wait times etc. But not sure, never been.

I am located in Wyoming so I am close to a lot of the events scheduled in multiple states. MAF has in event in the Bighorns so grabbing the Truck Camper and filling it with arrows and beers close to home sounds pretty good.

Anyone got any advice or thoughts?

My opinion is go to as many shoots as you can and find out for yourself. i've had great times at shoots other people bad mouthed...

I've shot the MAF in Durango the last three years. It's a good event with several courses to choose from. I've shot the P&Y course each year and the last two I added on one of the more challenging courses. My wife walked the course with me a couple years ago and decided it was fun so she signed up to shoot the P&Y course last year. Great confidence booster for her!

I've done both, 2 MAF. 6 TAC
Both good for different reasons.
TAC- lot more people, also better vendors ect. More courses, need to wait at most targets for your turn (like golf) little more $, very hard to get a group signed up. Some more difficult shots.Very fun.
MAF- way more relaxed atmosphere, less people, easy to get couse you want to shoot. Usually have a competitive couse along with regular ones. Very little or no waiting between targets. Shots easier. Very fun.

I really would recommend both or either, just depends on your personal preferences.

Back