MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

T/C Venture opinions

I have one in 300 win mag and it does shoot sub moa. The stock leaves much to be desired and as far as I know nobody makes a replacement stock for them. Good rifle for the money imo.

Junk . Had one in .270 , found a model 70 that shoots Laos around that tc

I had one in 7mm-08 that lasted one range session and then got sold. Junk IMO. For that kind of $$, buy a Weatherby Vanguard or save a bit more and get a Tikka.

I bought a .338 win a few years ago, first 6 shots, 2 different bullets, all fit inside a quarter. I like the fact that it has a clip and decent recoil pad. I'm more of a hunter than shooter, so it is a perfect hunting gun for me.

I just picked up a used one on gunbroker for $300! in 30-06 and weathershield. haven't shot it yet but I'm very happy with the action so far, its very close if not the same as my T/C icon that I love. My icon in .308 will shoot sub .5" all day long. I agree the venture stocks aren't pretty but they don't feel bad in your hands. the trigger is very nice and crisp with very very little creep before it breaks. cant say I'd pay the $580 msrp but for $350 all in I'm happy so far. I'm sold on the 5R rifling in the Icon and the venture has 5R as well

Not that I want to advertise, but I've found a few for 299 brand new, which is what intrigued me in the first place.

Make no mistake, Im not looking for a collector or target practice rig (because I would concede the venture is neither...not even close). Im looking for something to haul around in the mountains and prairies. So I just want it to shoot, aesthetics be damned.

I bought a 22-250 in snow camo when they first came out and the thing shoots like a dream! Love it. Good luck finding a better shooter for that amount of $.

I think it will shoot, from the research I've done anyway. I didn't like the blued model as much as the weathersheild model so I was lucky to find one of those at a very good price. the real world weight of a 30-06 was 7lbs 2oz. so its no Kimber Montana, but its not that bad for a 24" barreled 30-06

I bought a store display model in 30/06 for $300.00. It is blued and has the 5R rifling. It shoots the Federal blue box, the Rem Corelokt, and my reloads (168 Barnes TTSX and IMR4350) less than MOA. Perfect hunting rifle for La whitetails. Also my backup for my .340 Wby. Elk hunting trips.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back