Switching shells

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Yesterday I sat in the blind for the evening hunt. I had a nice passing shot on a woodie and when I pulled the trigger the pellets went ten feet out and into the water. The best way to describe it was as if someone pushed them off a table and fell to the floor. I have never experienced this before and I'm leaning towards the ammo. I had two misfires later in the hunt as well. The only thing I can think of is the shells were wet in my blind bag for a week and the primers malfunctioned. As soon as I got home I cleaned my gun, took the bolt apart, soaked it in CLP and wiped dry. Everything seemed fine on that end.

The ammo was black clouds and I've never had this issue before. The primer was struck with a good dent. The last three shots of the evening fired just fine. My troubleshooting has lead me to the ammo. Any thoughts?

Powder problem of some type. Maybe when they were made the drop tube clogged up and not the full charge dropped in before it went on to next one. Sorry for your luck but szzt happens. I’ve left shotguns primers in a bucket of water for two days experimenting to see if they would go off and they did. Primers very seldom fail in my opinion but when it seems like a primer problem it most likely has to do with a slow firing pin fall or not hard enough strike. I’d write a letter to company and see if they have any comments or compensation. Good luck on your next hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back